SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-16-2011, 02:01 PM
SageTVaholic

AC3 setttings

after bumbling around here for an hour or so, and not finding what I'm looking for . . .

does anyone have a good link for setting up AC3 with Sage and Hauppauge HD cards - there are a myriad of possibilities, and the knowledge base I have found is brief. just looking for a good link with settings info
thanks
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 04-16-2011, 03:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

If you use windows 7 with sage, I believe there should be an AC3 option under your options. Choose Setup/Detailed Setup/Video-audio and choose MPEG2 audio decoder filter and see if AC3filter is an option for you.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by trallyus View Post
If you use windows 7 with sage, I believe there should be an AC3 option under your options. Choose Setup/Detailed Setup/Video-audio and choose MPEG2 audio decoder filter and see if AC3filter is an option for you.
thanks - it's installed with Sage I believe, however, once you open up the AC3 app, it's fairly complicated. That's where I was looking for advice.
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 04-16-2011, 03:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

I myself left it at the defaults but that is just me. Maybe others can help you out.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Just enable ac3filter do decode or bitstream the formats of your choosing. FFdshow will do the same.

Under the main window either choose your speaker system config or leave as is to preserve the original stream. Or if you bitstream then choose spdif under the speaker config options. Keep in mind that you can choose a speaker config and bitstream if you want all of your audio encoded to ac3 there is an option in the spdif tab. I prefer to pass everything through in it's natural state and let my receiver decode and process everything. If you use analog out then choose the speaker config and find the setting to upmix stereo if you want ac3 filter to make stereo tracks 5.1 or whatever your speaker config is.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 04-16-2011, 04:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
Just enable ac3filter do decode or bitstream the formats of your choosing. FFdshow will do the same.

Under the main window either choose your speaker system config or leave as is to preserve the original stream. Or if you bitstream then choose spdif under the speaker config options. Keep in mind that you can choose a speaker config and bitstream if you want all of your audio encoded to ac3 there is an option in the spdif tab. I prefer to pass everything through in it's natural state and let my receiver decode and process everything. If you use analog out then choose the speaker config and find the setting to upmix stereo if you want ac3 filter to make stereo tracks 5.1 or whatever your speaker config is.
do you think dual-Hauppauge cards, each utilizing SPDIF connections, would confuse AC3 output? I am having a problem where one Hauppuage card is cancelling out the others audio at certain times.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:19 PM
Sage Expert

AC3 filter should only be loaded in a playback graph; it should have no bearing whatsoever on capture. Of course this is moot if you have 2 Hauppauge cards with spdif out and have them going to 2 different receivers, but I'm not aware of Hauppauge making a card that has audio output capabilities....