SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 04-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Sage Fanatic

Where Are "Import" Directories Defined?

I've read the Wiki, read about a dozen threads... but I still can't figure out where one defines Sage's media import directories so that SageMyMovies knows about them.

i.e. When I try to play a movie from SageMyMovies, it says "[movie name] Is stored Offline. Below is a list of all current drives accessible to MyMovies with a disc Loaded. The list will refresh automatically......"

But the list, of course is empty....

Best shot so far had been My Movies - Collection Management | Tools | Options | Folder Monitoring | Monitored Folders, but no joy so far.
Storage: NetGear Ultra-6 NAS 10 TB total w/dual redundancy. Plus 5tb QNAP for RecordedTV.
Capture: 3 Silicon Dust HomeRun tuner boxes (6 tuners total)
Program Source: OTA antenna
Old 04-09-2011, 03:38 PM
Sage Fanatic

IN SAGETV under setup/detailed setup/general you need to add you movies directory as an import directory.

But

If mymovies thinks your disk is offline this is a separate issue, in collection management you need to setup your movies correctly to be online files.
8tb RAID5 storage/media/other &3tb RAID5 backup storage on a HighPoint RocketRaid 2680
1tb 3 disk Recording Pool
all in a beautiful Antec 1200
SageMyMovies/Comskip/PlayON/SageDCT/SRE
HD100/HD300 extenders
Old 04-09-2011, 06:39 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
If mymovies thinks your disk is offline this is a separate issue, in collection management you need to setup your movies correctly to be online files.
I suspect that's my issue. After setting the scan dirs in Collection Mgr - per prior post - and waiting an hour or so, SageMyMovies can not find movies.

But an issue with MyMovies arose at the same time. I had manually added all my DVDs before specifying the scan dirs. After specifying the scan dirs I wound up with a bunch of duplicate titles and maybe a dozen titles I'd never, ever, seen before - and a few I hope never to see again -)

Cleaned up the MyMovies titles on my iTouch, synched, and MyMovies looks about right.

Now the only glitch left is that SageMyMovies also has a bunch of dupes in it - different dupes, for the most part, from what were in MyMovies.

Fired up the Windows version, and there they were: different dupes from what were on the iTouch.

Am in the process of cleaning them up now.

Takeaway: When setting up MyMovies, define those SageTV media directories from the get-go.
Storage: NetGear Ultra-6 NAS 10 TB total w/dual redundancy. Plus 5tb QNAP for RecordedTV.
Capture: 3 Silicon Dust HomeRun tuner boxes (6 tuners total)
Program Source: OTA antenna

Last edited by PeteCress; 04-09-2011 at 06:43 PM.