SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-16-2008, 11:55 AM
Sage User

Merge the "Import Directories" from 2 hard drives with the same folder names

Hi, I have two hard drives with the same folder names, ie.

HD1: S:\tv-series; S:\cartoons; S:\anime; S:\movies...
HD2: T:\tv-series; T:\cartoons; T:\anime; T:\movies...

I wonder why in my import library, SageTV shows me 2 folders with the name tv-series, 2 folders with the name movies, etc etc...

Is there an option somewhere to merge folders with the exact same name?

Thank you

Server: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz, ASUS P5QL, 3GB RAM, 750 GB USB drive, WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual Tuner
2 SageTV Media Extender: MediaMVP (wired)
Software: SageTV 7.0.23 WHS
Old 12-16-2008, 01:07 PM
Administrator

Use the Options command in the video & photo browsers to switch to the Combined Folder Display Style.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:13 PM
Sage User

For some reason, I still see the 2 folders with the name tv-series.
The one form the drive S:\ and the other from the drive T:\

Server: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz, ASUS P5QL, 3GB RAM, 750 GB USB drive, WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual Tuner
Old 12-16-2008, 09:49 PM
Administrator

Are you using the default STV?

What are the exact import paths listed in Detailed Setup -> General -> Media Center Import Directories?

Are the path names different in terms of upper/lower case? How about what SageTV lists as the full file path in the detailed info for any of the files frmo those import paths?

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:08 PM
Sage User

"Combined Folder Display Style" does show all the folders inside the Media Center Import Directories properly. But having over 275 folders, it's gets a real pain to scroll through to find what I want.

So I need to use "List each Video Import Folder Separately".

Having every folder separated gives me a chance to organize by genre: tv-series, anime, movies, cartoons...

This being said:

1- I am using the default STV

2- The exact import paths listed in Detailed Setup -> General -> Media Center Import Directories are:

S:\tv-series
R:\tv-series
Q:\tv-series

... all lower case with exact same syntax.

3- Same full file path in the detailed info for any of the files from those import paths.

So I am starting to think that that's how it is handled in SageTV. But importing more than 1 folder with the exact same name on 2 or more different hard drives should be considered as only one in the video library.

Old 12-16-2008, 11:51 PM
Administrator

You have to use the combined folder style if you want the same-named folders from different import paths to be combined.

But, I think I see what is happening & what you need to do is put your categories another folder level deeper under the import path. using drive S: as an example: either import from "S:\", or move everything to "S:\Videos" & only use "S:\Videos" as your import path for that drive if there are other folders you don't want imported from the drive.

- Andy
Old 12-17-2008, 10:08 AM
Sage User

Thumbs up

Putting my categories another folder level deeper under the import path did the trick!

Thank you so much!