SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Foriegn Posters

I just asked BMT to update ALL movies in my collection (removing what was there from mymovies). It found just about all, but.....and this is a biggie for me.....

Many movies now have french (or other foriegn language) posters. I have no idea why.....I'd say 1/3 or more are the wrong language.

Anyone else have this trouble?
Old 04-08-2011, 10:06 PM
Sage Icon

You can change them easily. In BMT click the poster icon and it will pop up an interface where you'll be able to choose out of a variety of posters the one you want to set as default.

You can clean it up in no time. My guess is that because BMT downloads a bunch of posters it has no way of knowing which one is which.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
I just asked BMT to update ALL movies in my collection (removing what was there from mymovies). It found just about all, but.....and this is a biggie for me.....

Many movies now have french (or other foriegn language) posters. I have no idea why.....I'd say 1/3 or more are the wrong language.

Anyone else have this trouble?
There is no way that I can tell if a binary image is a not english. I ask for "en" files and if they happen to contain french images, there is nothing I can do. This is a user issue on the tmdb side, in that users are uploading images but not tagging them with their correct language so that they show up in the "en" files.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

OK, thanks for the responses. I'll just have to go through them.....230 movies will take me a bit, but I love the results.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
You can change them easily. In BMT click the poster icon and it will pop up an interface where you'll be able to choose out of a variety of posters the one you want to set as default.

You can clean it up in no time. My guess is that because BMT downloads a bunch of posters it has no way of knowing which one is which.
thanks. didn't know you could do this through BMT.