SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 12-23-2010, 09:18 PM
Sage User

Can not change Posters since update

I just updated BMT. But the update APPEARS to have busted my ability to change poster images.

I use BMT to navigate to the movie I want to edit, click it, and I get the editing page. It is a movie, and all of the metadata is properly displayed.

I click on the icon on the upper right, and get the "fanart" window. It shows the posters available, I pick one, and click "Make Default". I get a message in blue writing "This is now the Default". I close the window.

For good measure I then hit "save" on the metadata page and then go back to the previous page (I've tried without saving too).

I refresh the browser, navigate back to the movie, and the image is once again back to the original image, NOT the new one I chose.

I've tried editing a dozen movie posters, I've connected from other browsers after making the changes (in case the cashe wasn't clearing right), and I've rebooted Sage and looked at the images, and in no case has the new image taken.

It all worked just great a few days ago.

Now....

I've noticed another problem (probably unrelated, but maybe not).... All of my movies now have (E00S00) listed after the title, suggesting to me that they've been turned int "TV" shows.

I was modifying TV shows yesterday with BMT and DID do a batch "Associate TV Information" - but I've done that many times before with no ill effects, this is the first time I've seen this happen. BMT reports each of these files as "Movie", but I'm wondering if it flagged them strangely when I did the batch last night....

At any rate, last night I could update posters, I updated BMT, and today I can not.....

Any thoughts?
Old 12-23-2010, 09:36 PM
Sage User

Okay....

It looks to me as if the BMT's "Associate TV Series Information" DID in fact add Season and Episode info (set to 0) for EVERY SINGLE file I have, including ALL my movies, and that as a result "S00E00" is now appended to all my videos.

New movies that I add do not have this problem, and are showing up fine, but I think that's a bug (and a tool to REMOVE series and episode metadata from files flagged as movies might be nice too )

At any rate, not sure if that further explains my first issue (that I can't update fanart), but it looks to me asif BMT may have added tags to files that shouldn't have them.

B-
Old 12-23-2010, 09:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHawke View Post
Okay....

It looks to me as if the BMT's "Associate TV Series Information" DID in fact add Season and Episode info (set to 0) for EVERY SINGLE file I have, including ALL my movies, and that as a result "S00E00" is now appended to all my videos.

New movies that I add do not have this problem, and are showing up fine, but I think that's a bug (and a tool to REMOVE series and episode metadata from files flagged as movies might be nice too )

At any rate, not sure if that further explains my first issue (that I can't update fanart), but it looks to me asif BMT may have added tags to files that shouldn't have them.

B-
I;ll definately take a look to see if that is even possible. Keep in mind, I ran this on my collection of over 1500 movies + tv, and I've never seen an episode of 0 show up for my videos. Where are you seeing this? In the web ui? if so, could you take a snapshot and show me.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:10 PM
Sage User

Like I said, I've done it a bunch of times too, and never gotten these results. This is the first time.

a) The .properties files for my movies each had the following tags added:

EpisodeNumber=0
SeasonNumber=0

These are not on new movies I added and modified today, only ones which were there when I used the "Associate" batch command yesterday.

b) It's showing up in the regular GUI. I'[m enclosing a screenshot. Note that movies which were on the box when I used the tool (Like "The Breakfast Club") now list S00E00 (despite still being movies), and movies added after (Like "Charlie Wilson's War") do not.

The only difference between the two that I can see is the added tags in the .properties file, which APPEAR to have been added by BMT (and which would be VERY tedious to remove them all).

Old 12-24-2010, 01:10 AM
Sage User

To be clear, I'm talking about two issues here (maybe should split into two threads)

a) That my last run of the "Associate TV Series" Tool appears to have added "Episode" and "Season" data to EVERY .property file, even for moves (and that data is being displayed in STV).

and

b) My poster changes using BMT do not apear perminant. If I change a movie poster the change does not appear to take when I go back a screen (yes, I refresh, see above)... And ALL of my previous poster changes ever made have reverted back to the first available poster.

All other metadata changes work fine.

It appears asif when I change the poster with BMT the .property file IS updated, but if it's updated correctly with the new info (or writes the old one back) I'm not sure, haven't looked into it. Starting to wonder now if maybe this is a Phoenix issue, that Phoenix is ONLY displaying the first available image, whichever one you have selected....

Bet you that's it..... Anybody else having that issue?

Anyways, those are the two problems....
Old 12-24-2010, 07:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
a) That my last run of the "Associate TV Series" Tool appears to have added "Episode" and "Season" data to EVERY .property file, even for moves (and that data is being displayed in STV).
Associate TV Series Info, updates a single field, and then ONLY for files that are TV files. All other files are not touched. The best way to tell if this a bmt issue, is to see how the file looks in the web ui. If it's showing S00E00 in the web ui, then it's definately a bmt issue.

Since the default STV doesn't doesn't show S##E00 by default, then you are running a plugin that showing that information. It could be that the plugin is using the phoenix api to calculate title, and there could be an issue in that API. I'll have to review it and see. There was a change in the last phoenix build in what it considers a 'TV' show. I was including recorded Movies in there, which should not show up. Are these recorded Movies? If so, are they set to a media type of 'TV' or 'Movie' (check from the web ui)

Quote:
and

b) My poster changes using BMT do not apear perminant. If I change a movie poster the change does not appear to take when I go back a screen (yes, I refresh, see above)... And ALL of my previous poster changes ever made have reverted back to the first available poster.

All other metadata changes work fine.

It appears asif when I change the poster with BMT the .property file IS updated, but if it's updated correctly with the new info (or writes the old one back) I'm not sure, haven't looked into it. Starting to wonder now if maybe this is a Phoenix issue, that Phoenix is ONLY displaying the first available image, whichever one you have selected....

Bet you that's it..... Anybody else having that issue?

Anyways, those are the two problems....
The way that BMT used to set a default poster was somewhat unreliable, and I had to remove that functionality in order to support episode fanart. I have, in the works a more reliable means for setting a default poster, background, banner, but it won't be released until after christmas.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:30 AM
Sage User

"see how the file looks in the web ui"
S00E00 does NOT show up in the webUI

"the default STV doesn't show"
Really? Hum, I've got to figure out why it's snowing in mine.... Hummmm... And still doesn't explain how or why the episode data showed up in the properties file for the movies in the first place.

"If so, are they set to a media type of 'TV' or 'Movie' "
The web ui lists them all as movie. It was the first thing I checked.

Any thoughts as to how the Season and Episode tags got added to the property files? They didn't used to be there - if I can find out what added them, then this becomes a non issue. They aren't in subsequent movies I added..

"d I had to remove that functionality in order to support episode fanart."
Ahhhh... Well that explains that!

"it won't be released until after Christmas"
Hey, just glad to know I wasn't loosing my mind. Have a WONDERFUL holidays!

And, hey, thanks for all the prompt replies!!!

B
Old 12-24-2010, 10:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
"the default STV doesn't show"
Really? Hum, I've got to figure out why it's snowing in mine.... Hummmm... And still doesn't explain how or why the episode data showed up in the properties file for the movies in the first place.
I suspect that you have a fanart plugin installed, which is changing the title. Again, this still may be a bug in the phoenix GetFormattedTitle(), which I have check, on. BMT, itself, doesn't actually contribute anything to the STV, it just updates metadata and fanart.

Quote:
"If so, are they set to a media type of 'TV' or 'Movie' "
The web ui lists them all as movie. It was the first thing I checked.
That's good to know.

Quote:
Any thoughts as to how the Season and Episode tags got added to the property files? They didn't used to be there - if I can find out what added them, then this becomes a non issue. They aren't in subsequent movies I added..
Well, bmt doesn't write directly to the properties, but they are created as a side effect of directly setting the metadata, unless you turn off the sagetv property to write to the .properties (on by default, there's more information about that in the user guide, very last section). While it is possible to set a 0 for season and episode, that data should be ignore for non TV shows. I think this is not happening in your case, which is resulting in the season/episode showing up, for movies.