SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

DVD Covers aren't being saved

I've been using BMT for a while now and I have never had a problem. I have the latest release installed and now DVD covers aren't getting saved automatically. The metadata is getting downloaded properly, but images are never there. I have to use the IMDB plugin to search and save the cover image. BMT images are higher quality than IMDB, so I would prefer to use that. I tried to create a support ticket via the BMT web ui, but I get an error:
"500 The call failed on the server; see server log for details". Which file do I look for on the server for details? Would just uninstalling and reinstalling fix it?

Thanks
Old 04-01-2011, 01:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Check to make sure the tmdb server isn't having issues. The Movie Database (tmdb) is the default resource for the DVD covers.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaddock3000 View Post
I've been using BMT for a while now and I have never had a problem. I have the latest release installed and now DVD covers aren't getting saved automatically. The metadata is getting downloaded properly, but images are never there. I have to use the IMDB plugin to search and save the cover image. BMT images are higher quality than IMDB, so I would prefer to use that. I tried to create a support ticket via the BMT web ui, but I get an error:
"500 The call failed on the server; see server log for details". Which file do I look for on the server for details? Would just uninstalling and reinstalling fix it?

Thanks
Do the covers save when you do a manual lookup via the web ui? Do yo have fanart enabled in the configuration? Is your fanart folder set correctly? Did you check to see if they files show up in the fanart folder area?
Old 04-01-2011, 05:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
Check to make sure the tmdb server isn't having issues. The Movie Database (tmdb) is the default resource for the DVD covers.
I can access the site just fine and bmt downloads fanart images.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Do the covers save when you do a manual lookup via the web ui? Do yo have fanart enabled in the configuration? Is your fanart folder set correctly? Did you check to see if they files show up in the fanart folder area?
Covers don't save when doing a manual lookup in the UI, although all the backgrounds and posters did save. They saved in the normal fan art location, but the cover image was no where to be found.

From the status page, Fanart Enabled = True, Automatic Metadata/Fanart Lookups Enabled = True.

Fanart Folder = F:\SageTV\Fan Art. Inside this folder is Movies and TV. Not sure what you mean by folder set correctly. It seems to be correct to me as I can see fanart images in Sage.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks
Old 04-06-2011, 11:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I can access the site just fine and bmt downloads fanart images.

Covers don't save when doing a manual lookup in the UI, although all the backgrounds and posters did save. They saved in the normal fan art location, but the cover image was no where to be found.

From the status page, Fanart Enabled = True, Automatic Metadata/Fanart Lookups Enabled = True.

Fanart Folder = F:\SageTV\Fan Art. Inside this folder is Movies and TV. Not sure what you mean by folder set correctly. It seems to be correct to me as I can see fanart images in Sage.
What is a "cover" image. Phoenix had 3 fanart types... Backgrounds, Posters, and Banners. Backgrounds are self explanatory... Posters are the "covers" in my mind, and "banners" are horizontal images (usually only for TV).

When you say the UI do you mean the BMT Web UI?
Old 04-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
What is a "cover" image. Phoenix had 3 fanart types... Backgrounds, Posters, and Banners. Backgrounds are self explanatory... Posters are the "covers" in my mind, and "banners" are horizontal images (usually only for TV).

When you say the UI do you mean the BMT Web UI?
So the DVD covers were being saved in the same directory as the DVD itself. By your responses, I'm starting to wonder if BMT was doing this in the first place. If it isn't BMT that should be putting an image with the same name of the DVD in the parent folder as the DVD and the properties file, please let me know what you think was. I guess it is possible that one of the posters were saved as the DVD image.

As for the UI, yes, the BMT web ui.

Thanks
Old 04-06-2011, 12:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
So the DVD covers were being saved in the same directory as the DVD itself. By your responses, I'm starting to wonder if BMT was doing this in the first place. If it isn't BMT that should be putting an image with the same name of the DVD in the parent folder as the DVD and the properties file, please let me know what you think was. I guess it is possible that one of the posters were saved as the DVD image.

As for the UI, yes, the BMT web ui.

Thanks
BMT does not put the fanart with the media file... it all goes in the fanart central folder. Other plugins may create covers with the mediafile, but bmt does not, when phoenix fanart is enabled.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
BMT does not put the fanart with the media file... it all goes in the fanart central folder. Other plugins may create covers with the mediafile, but bmt does not, when phoenix fanart is enabled.
Does that mean if I disable fanart that BMT will create a cover with the media?
Old 04-06-2011, 12:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Does that mean if I disable fanart that BMT will create a cover with the media?
Yeah, if you disable fanart, then bmt may start writing a the poster file as the video thumbnail (or cover) in the same directory as the video file... but it will NOT download anything to the central fanart area, and so you will not get backgrounds.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Yeah, if you disable fanart, then bmt may start writing a the poster file as the video thumbnail (or cover) in the same directory as the video file... but it will NOT download anything to the central fanart area, and so you will not get backgrounds.
I have confirmed that turning off fan art does indeed put the poster image with the media. I would like to have my cake and eat it too. Would it be that hard to always save a poster image with the media regardless if fan art is enabled or not?

Thanks
Old 04-07-2011, 06:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I have confirmed that turning off fan art does indeed put the poster image with the media. I would like to have my cake and eat it too. Would it be that hard to always save a poster image with the media regardless if fan art is enabled or not?

Thanks
Currently there isn't an automated process for this... either you want fanart or you don't. The real question would be why you need to have both. If you have fanart enabled then the fanart plugin (diamond, phoenix fanart, etc) will use the poster as the cover. The .jpg at the same level as the mediafile is only used by the default STV, when no other fanart plugins are enabled.

But, you can generate the .jpg if you want, manually. From the Tools menu select "Export SageTV Media Thumbnail"... or browse a view/folder and use the "Batch Operation" menu and select the "Export SageTV media Thumbnails". They both do the same thing, except that from the Tools menu, it will act on ALL files... whereas the Batch Operations drop down only acts on the current view/folder (and sub folders).
Old 04-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

OK, that is good to know. I know I have had problems with Fan Art in the past showing the wrong images. For example, once a new show that didn't have fan art got downloaded, all new shows showed that Fan Art image instead. I didn't really have the time to troubleshoot, so I just turned off Fan Art, but I might try it again and hopefully if it happens again, you can help me make it work.

Thanks for the quick responses!