SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 02-20-2011, 02:22 PM
Sage User

Channel Lineup Config w/ QAM and HD-PVR Sources

With the recent change in the EPG server I (re)discovered a problem (or maybe it's just confusion on my part).

I have 3 sources as follows:

* Standar Cable (Analog)
* QAM Cable (Digital)
* HD-PVR via a STB (Digital)

Setting up the Lineup for the Analog Cable hasn't been an issue.

My question is ... how do I setup lineups for the two digital sources. When I point both of the digital sources to the same local cable lineup during setup (which is what I think I should do now that over the air channels are included in these lineups) I don't see a way to allow both sources to use the same lineup. If I copy the lineup then the dialog suggests that all updates will need to be made manually through another copy (not really what I wanted to do). If I use the same lineup then if I understand correctly I may not be able to point both sources for the channels they have in common (i.e. the QAM channels) because each channel seems to be mapped to a single channel.

What's the smartest way to do this and still ensure that lineup changes are applied to both sources and allows me to record on either source for the the channels in common.

I'm probably not understanding something basic here about lineups, but if someone can explain it I'm all ears.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:37 PM
SageTVaholic

The change in the OTA setup doesn't affect you. You have 2 cable tuners setups and an external cable box setup. I point my HD-PVR to my hometown cable company. For clear QAM (my HDHomeruns) I point them to a neighboring cable company near me that has the same channels and lineup. This way I can enable or disable channels in clearQAM without affecting the HD-PVR. It doesn't matter the channels only show up once in the Program Guide. Sage knows which tuner can tune to that channel.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:32 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
The change in the OTA setup doesn't affect you. You have 2 cable tuners setups and an external cable box setup. I point my HD-PVR to my hometown cable company. For clear QAM (my HDHomeruns) I point them to a neighboring cable company near me that has the same channels and lineup. This way I can enable or disable channels in clearQAM without affecting the HD-PVR. It doesn't matter the channels only show up once in the Program Guide. Sage knows which tuner can tune to that channel.

Gerry
THanks, that's the approach I'm using (and have been using in the past) but I ask the question mainly because that seems to be a bit of a hack (not necessarily bad but not clean either) and more importantly I'm looking at moving to a place which actually is a bit more remote and I may not really have that as a clean option. Just wondering.