SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-06-2006, 12:20 PM
Sage User

2 Vid Sources, Same program guide data, different channel lineup?

Is there a way for me to configure two different video sources, using the same program guide lineup, but configured with different channel setups?

For example, I have one STB connected via firewire, using the Comcast Digital Rebuild lineup, and I only want to use this for channels 702-712. I have another STB connected via Svideo, using the Comcast Digital Rebuild lineup as well, but configured to use all channels.

My experience is that if they are using the same program guide lineup (Comcast Digital Rebuild in this case), they are forced to share the same channel setup as well.

Am I missing something? Is there any way around this?

Thanks
Rob
Old 05-06-2006, 12:36 PM
Sage Icon

What I did was to use a lineup from a neighboring city with the same channel lineup from the same cable company. that way, you can delete channels from one lineup without affecting the other lineup.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:53 AM
Sage User

This is still an issue in the latest beta version, V6.0.13

I have a Hauppage PVR-500 and a Vbox Cat's Eye 150. I live on campus at a University which provides a custom channel lineup that is unique to the college. I receive analog channels on the Hauppage and the HDTV channels over ATSC broadcasts (they are actually transmitted on the coaxial network but that isn't important) on the Vbox. These channels are all included in a single EPG guide entry for my University. On the Hauppage I enabled the analog channels. On the Vbox I enabled the digital channels. The problem is that the Program Guide only shows the digital channel lineup. The analog channels are missing entirely.

Is there a simple workaround to this issue?

Also, does anyone know if the developers of SageTV plan to fix this problem?
Old 11-10-2006, 01:01 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesnw
This is still an issue in the latest beta version, V6.0.13

I have a Hauppage PVR-500 and a Vbox Cat's Eye 150. I live on campus at a University which provides a custom channel lineup that is unique to the college. I receive analog channels on the Hauppage and the HDTV channels over ATSC broadcasts (they are actually transmitted on the coaxial network but that isn't important) on the Vbox. These channels are all included in a single EPG guide entry for my University. On the Hauppage I enabled the analog channels. On the Vbox I enabled the digital channels. The problem is that the Program Guide only shows the digital channel lineup. The analog channels are missing entirely.

Is there a simple workaround to this issue?

Also, does anyone know if the developers of SageTV plan to fix this problem?
If you are only using 1 EPG lineup, you will have this problem. It sounds like you are assigning the EPG to the hauppauge and then enabling the proper channels, analogs but no digitals. Then, you assign the same EPG to the Vbox, and the enable the proper channels for it. I'd guess that you had all the analogs selected, but no digitals from the hauppauge adjustments. After you turned off the analogs and enabled the digitals, it screws up the hauppauge channels.

If there isn't a second EPG that you can use for one of the tuners, I think you'd probably have to set up some sort of XMLTV lineup for one of the tuners. Here is a FAQ thread about XMLTV, http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17594
Old 02-21-2007, 03:14 AM
Sage User

Same problem here...

I am using that Evo4TV for HD content, but the only way I can get the channel lineup is to use the same program guide that I'm using with my PVR-250. So inevitably Sage will try to use Evo4TV to record shows that Evo4TV can't pickup. Trying neighboring cities and zip codes doesn't work. Is there still no solution?
Old 02-21-2007, 11:14 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamix
I am using that Evo4TV for HD content, but the only way I can get the channel lineup is to use the same program guide that I'm using with my PVR-250. So inevitably Sage will try to use Evo4TV to record shows that Evo4TV can't pickup. Trying neighboring cities and zip codes doesn't work. Is there still no solution?
Do you have anything nearby that at least has some of the channels you need in the lineup?

The worst case scenario would be to choose a different lineup, disable all channels, then in Channel Setup, use the Remap -> Map Different Station to this Physical Channel. You can select stations that are on a different lineup to be remapped to channels in the current lineup. This _should_ work for you.

Alternatively, if the channels are the right station already, but they tune to the wrong channel on the alternate lineup, try remapping only the physical channel number. You could remap the logical channel # too, but it won't affect tuning.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:20 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Do you have anything nearby that at least has some of the channels you need in the lineup?

The worst case scenario would be to choose a different lineup, disable all channels, then in Channel Setup, use the Remap -> Map Different Station to this Physical Channel. You can select stations that are on a different lineup to be remapped to channels in the current lineup. This _should_ work for you.

Alternatively, if the channels are the right station already, but they tune to the wrong channel on the alternate lineup, try remapping only the physical channel number. You could remap the logical channel # too, but it won't affect tuning.

- Andy
Well, I gave that a try... The only programming data that is somewhat similar is the OTA digital broadcasts. So I set that up, mapped them in, but sage still uses my PVR-250 to try to go to these channels...

I'm not really sure why sage is doing that... Because when I had my PVR-250 and my OTA tuner, sage would correctly display the channels off the OTA tuner.

It's all become very confusing for me. If I could only have a duplicate programming data for the EVO4TV input, it would be cake.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:36 PM
Sage Icon

At this time, you may want to look into setting up an XMLTV lineup. You should be able to create a duplicate lineup, but I dunno if the episodeID tags would be the same or not. And that would cause problems iwth duplicate recordings and the such.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.