SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 02-20-2011, 01:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

HD300 is giving me problems

I am having a good deal of difficulty with my SageTV Media Extender HD300.

(1.) It often times fails to connect to my SageTV server. This will happen if I power cycle the unit and when it comes back on it will say "Loading configuration" and then popup with a "The server "192.168.1.50" is configured for automatic connection but is currently not available" window. It mentions it is sending a WLAN wake-on packet or thereabouts and waiting. But it never connects.

During this time I can check my server and everything is running fine. Its connected to the Internet and SageTV is running fine. I notice the HD300 though the lights are not on for the Ethernet port. Strange... I pull out the plug and connect it to a laptop - Internet is fine! Plug back into the HD300 and now suddenly it is able to connect.

So something seems to be up with the Ethernet jack on this thing...

(2.) HDMI output is not working.

I used my HD300 so far with the component out. But now got a new Samsung LED TV and want to use HDMI. I plug in the cable and no dice, the TV says it is receiving no signal. I tried it with leaving component plugged in and with out. Nothing works. No signal ever goes to the TV. I read something about a force HDMI but I couldn't figure out where to set that yet... I'll look into it more now.

A few quick things off the bat-
The HD300 should have latest firmware as it just updated yesterday. Also my SageTV server is 7.0.23.246 which also should be latest (I downloaded and installed it the other day).

The server and the HD300 are set up with static IP.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:59 PM
Sage Icon

1. Go into standalone mode and see if the internet works there, like try to watch a youtube video. If it does, than it is not a network problem, but having problem seeing the server. I would submit debug logs to SageTV tech support. If you don't have internet in standalone mode and you are sure that the internet works with that cable, than there's something wrong with the HD-300. RMA it if that is still an option.

2. Did you configure it to use HDMI? Connect both the component and HDMI, and use standalone mode to get into the video settings and configure it to use HDMI. I think the settings are in Settings > Video.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:30 AM
Sage User

1. Try as the first thing to unplug power on back of HD300, wait 10 sec and plug it back in.
Solveds it every time for me.
Happens somtimes is i reboot my server, then HD300 might have trouble reconnect.

2. Can you try another HDMI cable?