SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-15-2011, 07:41 PM
Sage User

Importing TV Episodes

I'd like to have TV episodes that do not originate from SageTV to be available through the SageTV 7 interface. To that end I'd also like TV episodes that I've recorded with SageTV 7, moved to another directory for storing after I've clipped out the commercials and transcoded into .avi to be available as well.

Ideally, I'd like to have the TV show in its own directory broken down by season and episode. Can someone point me to documentation to do this? I've looked in the user guide, and searched on the forums but "TV" gets a ton of hits that are irrelevant.

Here is an example.

My SageTV 7 server is an Atom D510 system with 2GB ram running Windows 7 32-bit ultimate. It runs in server mode. I have DirecTV controlled via USB-UIRT and recorded by an HD-PVR.

Generally, I'll pull an episode into VideoReDo TVSuite V4 after it has been comskipped and cut out the commercials, then run it through Handbrake and turn it into a MP4 file roughly 50% of the original file size. Then I'll move it onto my file server for storage. I'm not sure how to get SageTV to see the TV episodes after that though.

Any help in pointing me to information on how to set this up would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:56 PM
Sage Icon

BMT has an option to place imports it recognizes as TV into your recordings folder.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:25 AM
Sage Icon

and once bmt fetches metadata for an import if you use my TVExplorer plugin (see signature) or Diamond, they both merge imported media that is TV into their respective TV views.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 02-17-2011, 09:49 AM
Sage User

Thank you both for the suggestions, I have BMT installed and currently working on grabbing metadata for my imported shows. I'll definitely take a look at the TVExplorer plugin as well.