SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Some Newbie Questions....

I've successfully added metadata to some videos that could generate no metadata on their own using BMT (manual editing). This is excellent. BMT Rocks...

I do have a some questions though....

If I'm understanding this correctly... BMT doesn't create the videoname.avi.properties files, sage creates them? or are the Pheonix api's creating them? I don't remember seeing them before I installed the Pheonix plugins.

I wanted to manually change the thumbnail used for the fanart. So in the web interface, the fanart location is "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\Phoenix\Fanart\TV\Tracks Ahead\Season 6", yet when I look at that location via explorer, I find no file or sub-directory called "Season 6". Only a "Posters" directory in it with other jpgs. I'm confused..

If the .properties files are created for backup purposes only (as the manual states), what software can use these .properties backups to restore the metadata, and under what circumstances? I guess I'm trying to figure out if they are worth generating and keeping.

I thought I saw an option someplace to turn .properties off. But I cannot find this now. Does this setting exist?

I just manually added metadata to several videos. If I move these videos to another folder still within the import path(s), will the metadata move as well, or will it get lost?

Thanks!!

Bobby

Last edited by BobbyDing; 02-07-2011 at 11:44 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Some of you questions (including what's phoenix/bmt) are answered in the user guide (linked in my signature), but I'll try to answer them here as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDing View Post
If I'm understanding this correctly... BMT doesn't create the videoname.avi.properties files, sage creates them? or are the Pheonix api's creating them? I don't remember seeing them before I installed the Pheonix plugins.
SageTV creates .properties by default when a plugin writes directly to the sagetv database using the sagetv apis. So they are created as a side effect of bmt/phoenix updating the metadata, but they are not created by bmt/phoenix.

Quote:
I wanted to manually change the thumbnail used for the fanart. So in the web interface, the fanart location is "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\Phoenix\Fanart\TV\Tracks Ahead\Season 6", yet when I look at that location via explorer, I find no file or sub-directory called "Season 6". Only a "Posters" directory in it with other jpgs. I'm confused..
That is the "ideal" fanart location that is specific the given season. It may not exist. The user guide a large section on manually updating fanart. Bottom line drop the posters in the Posters folder of that directory (create the directory if necessary). (I'd recommend reading the user gude section as well)

Quote:
If the .properties files are created for backup purposes only (as the manual states), what software can use these .properties backups to restore the metadata, and under what circumstances? I guess I'm trying to figure out if they are worth generating and keeping.
SageTV will read the .properties for a file if it exists and use that as the metadata. So SageTV creates the files and SageTV will read/import the files. No other plugins required.

Quote:
I thought I saw an option someplace to turn .properties off. But I cannot find this now. Does this setting exist?
In the web ui goto configuration -> sagetv and it's in there somewhere (user gude has specifics, I don't recall the specifics )

Quote:
I just manually added metadata to several videos. If I move these videos to another folder still within the import path(s), will the metadata move as well, or will it get lost?
If you have .properites and you move both the file and the .properties, then sage will re-import the metadata that is in the .properties when you move the file.