SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-31-2011, 03:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Problem with MKV files?

Hello,

I've got some mkv files that have 2 audio streams that I've been having some serious problems with.

If I use the sageplayer (to handle non mpeg2 video), the video plays, but I have to quickly change the audio from AAC to AC3 inorder for anything to work.

If I use directshow, then I get just a black screen and no audio (log file attached).

I've also tried:
1. setting 'EnableSageTVStreamDemux' to 0 in the registry
2. Installing various codecs (xvid, divx, even that shark codec that was mentioned in a post today)
3. I've updated to the latest ATI Catalyst drivers

Nothing seems to work.

The weird part is that it plays fine in the divx player, windows media player, and vlc player...

Any ideas?

Sorry: Forgot my specs:
Win7 x64
On board video (ATI 4290)
Currently just the shark codec pack installed
Attached Files
File Type: txt StmDeMux.txt (431.0 KB, 175 views)
Old 02-01-2011, 10:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

The registry edit was the key to making everything work... My problem was that I wasn't creating it in the 'virtual store'...so I guess sage didn't see it. Once I set the demux properly, everything started to work...

Because it's in the virtual store, do I need to make the registry edit for EACH user?

Btw The smooth playback post (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...8&postcount=10) worked great...I'm not a huge fan of codec packs, but this one certainly made things easier!
Old 02-05-2011, 03:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hey rwc. Glad my post helped!
Just so you know, the registry change you made isn't needed to get things working. Sage's demuxer connects perfectly to the PowerDVD10 decoder.
Currently using SageTV Media Center Server on Windows 7, SageTV Client as an HTPC on Windows 7, and an HD Theater HD200. The server controls 3 Motorola DCH-3200 cable boxes and 3 Hauppauge HD-PVRs (all Rev F1) with HD audio and changes channels via firewire WITH NO LOCKUPS. It's awesome.
4 Steps to Perfect Stutter Free Playback for SageTV
Quick Guide: How to Bitstream Audio in Windows 7