SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 04-08-2011, 06:16 PM
Sage User

Hello,
I tried Diamond and liked it, especially due to the banners when viewing recordings. Diamond proved to be sluggish on my WHS box with HD300 extender so I uninstalled. Went back to the standard UI and then found TVExplorer and really like it since it brings back the banners. I prefer the look without the menu options in the left panel. Is there anyway to hide this panel in the standard UI. I notice in the screenshots above with Diamond theme in TVExplorer do not show the options panel.

thx.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechRx View Post
Is there anyway to hide this panel in the standard UI. I notice in the screenshots above with Diamond theme in TVExplorer do not show the options panel.
The screenshots above are from the development version that is being worked on. They are not in the released version. When it is released it will work with the default UI (non diamond). In the meantime you can make the left navigation panel smaller but you can't completely hide it because then you would have no way to get those functions (sorting, grouping, filtering, options, etc). To make it smaller go to TVE Options -> Browser -> Left Selection Panel Width and adjust... like i said i wouldnt make it zero because then you wouldn't be able to get to that panel.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 04-08-2011, 08:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechRx View Post
Hello,
I tried Diamond and liked it, especially due to the banners when viewing recordings. Diamond proved to be sluggish on my WHS box with HD300 extender so I uninstalled. Went back to the standard UI and then found TVExplorer and really like it since it brings back the banners. I prefer the look without the menu options in the left panel. Is there anyway to hide this panel in the standard UI. I notice in the screenshots above with Diamond theme in TVExplorer do not show the options panel.

thx.
DigiTechRx,

Re: Diamond

One last reminder then I'll stop bugging you , please post what you found "slow" in the Diamond forum to help us fix if we can, it's in beta and we need feedback.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Last edited by jorton; 04-08-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:58 PM
Sage User

Minimal fanart being utilized

I have been struggling to get fanart for a while now, but think I have finally made it over that hurdle. I gathered some of the fanart using BMT, and some was done by Ortus (as part of TVExplorer, I think). Anyway, they have the same directory layout so I merged the contents, enabled TVExplorer for SageTV 7, and see only a couple banners in My Recordings. I haven't figured out why a couple work, but most (around 30) don't work. I have enabled TRACE and DEBUG modes and looked through every log file that I can find. I have not been able to determine if there are any other options for debugging my problem(s) any further. I have verified that I have a BUNCH of fanart for the shows that have some available, but it just doesn't display.

At this point I could really use a pointer (or two) of where to go next.

I have SageTV7, which was upgraded from version 6 quite a while back and have tried TVE from the server as well as from an HD200 with the same limited success.

Thanks!
Old 07-31-2011, 11:43 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by darinh View Post
I have been struggling to get fanart for a while now, but think I have finally made it over that hurdle. I gathered some of the fanart using BMT, and some was done by Ortus (as part of TVExplorer, I think). Anyway, they have the same directory layout so I merged the contents, enabled TVExplorer for SageTV 7, and see only a couple banners in My Recordings. I haven't figured out why a couple work, but most (around 30) don't work. I have enabled TRACE and DEBUG modes and looked through every log file that I can find. I have not been able to determine if there are any other options for debugging my problem(s) any further. I have verified that I have a BUNCH of fanart for the shows that have some available, but it just doesn't display.

At this point I could really use a pointer (or two) of where to go next.

I have SageTV7, which was upgraded from version 6 quite a while back and have tried TVE from the server as well as from an HD200 with the same limited success.

Thanks!
thats pretty baffling why some fan art works but others do not. I have been slowly working on updating the TVE ui to conform to stv 7 design standards (i.e. themeable)... so I will have to load up the last released version of this plugin and see if i can see something that might help track down this problem. One thing to check is to look under TVE options -> Fanart and make sure that the fan art that you want enabled is enabled. Also phoenix fanart needs to be enabled for the particular ui client. YOu can use the Phoenix Fanart for the Default STV ui mod to enable it. Also if the Phoenix Fanart shows fanart in the default recording menus then it should be showing in TVE. Testing if Phoenix Fanart works in the default stv is a good test to see if it should work in TVE.

Also this plugin does not do any fanart gathering. The version of the ortus api that i am using is branched from the main one and does not use any of those features.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Sage User

OK. I verified that fanart is enabled, and since some of the fanart is working I wasn't surprised.

I deleted the cached fanart directory contents, and saw some messages in the phoenix log file about cached fanart not being available, so it generated a file in the cache directory, but only for a handful of shows. Since it seems that getting fanart is requested on a per-series case, it seems odd that only a few series were requested.

Also, I loaded the Diamond UI and had similar results. So, I think that it may be an issue with Phoenix. I will post something in the Phoenix forum to see if I can get some direction there.

Thanks!
Old 08-01-2011, 01:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by darinh View Post
OK. I verified that fanart is enabled, and since some of the fanart is working I wasn't surprised.

I deleted the cached fanart directory contents, and saw some messages in the phoenix log file about cached fanart not being available, so it generated a file in the cache directory, but only for a handful of shows. Since it seems that getting fanart is requested on a per-series case, it seems odd that only a few series were requested.

Also, I loaded the Diamond UI and had similar results. So, I think that it may be an issue with Phoenix. I will post something in the Phoenix forum to see if I can get some direction there.

Thanks!
THe diamond UI uses its own implimentation of fanart retreival/display/caching so I'm not sure if that test means anything... except maybe the issue is something else entirely... disc corruption, etc. Have you verified that the images that do not show are really jpgs (ie opens in irfanview)?

Did you try the Phoenix Fanart for the Default STV ui mod? That should also help pinpoint where the problem is...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Sage User

Yes, I have opened many images successfully in both IrfanView as well as the crappy photo viewer that ships with Windows. Some of the images are jpgs and some are pngs, does it only support jpg?

Yes, I have tried the Phoenix fanart for the default STV, no fanart at all.

I would expect much bigger problems if I had disc corruption, and would expect other issues if it was a corrupt wiz.bin file.

Which is why I feel like this...
Old 08-02-2011, 08:22 AM
Sage User

So, not sure if I had a plugin that was messing with me, or what. I uninstalled all plugins (even the disabled ones), then installed 'Fuzzy's Malore Tweaks' and it works!

This does not solve my problem with TVExplorer, but I need to call it good enough. I have invested too much time in this little feature improvement and I already have the family accustomed to the Malore menus, so this is an easy change to put into place.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Malore's better anyways.. :-)

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 08-25-2011, 01:01 PM
SageTVaholic

We may have found an issue with the way phoenix now caches fanart. Check out the thread for more info.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...light=explorer
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
We may have found an issue with the way phoenix now caches fanart. Check out the thread for more info.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...light=explorer
i dont see anything in that thread that should effect tve using the phoenix apis to access, check for, cache, and display fanart... unless im missing something...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-25-2011, 02:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
i dont see anything in that thread that should effect tve using the phoenix apis to access, check for, cache, and display fanart... unless im missing something...
Yeah, sorry. I posted too quickly. Have you ever seen the issue when a new recording that has fanart (and has always worked in the past) not have a banner only? Basically, new recordings aren't finding fanart in TVE when they always have in the past. Any ideas?
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
Yeah, sorry. I posted too quickly. Have you ever seen the issue when a new recording that has fanart (and has always worked in the past) not have a banner only? Basically, new recordings aren't finding fanart in TVE when they always have in the past. Any ideas?
I can't say I remember having that issue. On my setup i currently display the banner only for the active/highlighted item... and im pretty sure they always display... I'll keep an eye out for it (especially after i upgrade phoenix)...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-26-2011, 08:06 AM
SageTVaholic

I haven't upgraded to the latest Phoenix build, but this issue does happen to me every so often. So, either the issue has been there for a little bit in Phoenix or the fault lies somewhere else (i.e. SageTV itself, TVE, some other plugin). Additionally, I have seen this happen on recordings I've had for quite some time (cancelled shows even) and the banner just suddenly disappears.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 08-26-2011, 09:29 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
I haven't upgraded to the latest Phoenix build, but this issue does happen to me every so often. So, either the issue has been there for a little bit in Phoenix or the fault lies somewhere else (i.e. SageTV itself, TVE, some other plugin). Additionally, I have seen this happen on recordings I've had for quite some time (cancelled shows even) and the banner just suddenly disappears.
ya thats just plain weird... my phoenix version is really old (2-3 months maybe) and im pretty sure ive never seen it... I'll upgrade at some point and then hopefully i'll be able to see something
Check out TVExplorer
Old 11-10-2011, 07:23 AM
Sage User

TVExplorer for Sage7 download

Where can one download TVExplorer for Sage7 v1.01.05.03 or newer from?

Thanks!
Old 11-10-2011, 07:44 AM
Sage Icon

Look in the UI mod section of the plugin repository (v7) for TVExplorer.

J
Old 11-11-2011, 05:09 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
Look in the UI mod section of the plugin repository (v7) for TVExplorer.

J
Thanks so much, found what I needed!
Old 05-13-2012, 06:45 AM
Sage User

TVEXplorer screen name call in a custom Phoenix menu

I'm modifying my Phoenix menus and want the TV view to present TVExplorer. What is the screen name that I should use?
For example:
<screen name="Phoenix Universal Media Browser"/>