SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Always open to suggestion to improve Gemstone or get more users using it. The new Dual Flow is coming along nicely and should be released soon... just working on getting the navigation between the 2 lists working well.

Question for TVE users... how important is the left list being Full height? Dual Flow for now in Gemstone is designed to be 2/3 height for both lists.... but perhaps we could come up with an option will a little less in the top info space and the left list full height....

razrsharpe... sorry to be posting Gemstone propaganda on your thread

k
The reason I stick with TVE (other than it being awesome...when it had banners) is because the view is very functional. All my clients have the view attached. I like for it to take up half the screen with banners and episode panel, then the rest for fanart. If there was something else that gave me that functionality with the "prettiness" of TVE I'd be all over it. Unless TVE is fixed then I'd have no reason to stop using it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tve.jpg (162.1 KB, 471 views)
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.

Last edited by panteragstk; 12-11-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Question for TVE users... how important is the left list being Full height? Dual Flow for now in Gemstone is designed to be 2/3 height for both lists.... but perhaps we could come up with an option will a little less in the top info space and the left list full height....
Wish we had multiquote here, but that'll never happen. So, sorry for the multiple posts about to be dropped.

I've never cared for full-height views because then it blocks too much of the background fanart. My current setup is half the height of my screen, showing 7 groups on the left and 8 episodes on the right. I guess a screenshot would be better... obviously, there won't be any fanart at the moment, but you'll get the idea.

EDIT: I realize two people's setups don't a pattern make, but I do find it funny that the first two posts have VERY similar appearances.

@razr: FYI... disabling all fanart/banners doesn't bring back the text by default, as you can see in my previous screenshot. That seems odd to me, but I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
Same issue as everyone else. How does one "roll back" phoenix?
jorton pointed me here for older versions of Phoenix. I'm guessing that you just need to unzip the files into the proper place in the Sage directories on both the server and client. Obviously, backup your directory first!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-12-11 20 55 06.jpg (235.7 KB, 190 views)
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 12-11-2012, 10:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
@razr: FYI... disabling all fanart/banners doesn't bring back the text by default, as you can see in my previous screenshot. That seems odd to me, but I have no idea what I'm talking about.
i misspoke earlier... it seems that in the released version of the code you can't disable the banners... which seems odd to me... i thought you could do that... i was testing in my dev version (that does have that option and does work).

I had a second to load up the released version and update phoenix in my dev environment. It turns out i am not scaling/caching the background image (only displaying) so that's my guess as to why that still works. I imagine i am using the scaling/transforming/caching apis wrong and the fix is very short i just need to find it... is there a doc (or example) somewhere on what the best practice is to using the caching functions?...

Quote:
EDIT: I realize two people's setups don't a pattern make, but I do find it funny that the first two posts have VERY similar appearances.
guess if i ever get around to releasing my latest dev version I'm gonna have to put back the variable height left side... (right now its fixed full height)... that way i dont loose my biggest champion
Check out TVExplorer
Old 12-11-2012, 11:49 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
i misspoke earlier... it seems that in the released version of the code you can't disable the banners... which seems odd to me... i thought you could do that... i was testing in my dev version (that does have that option and does work).</snip>
You actually can disable the banners but it is not where you would think it is. It took me a while to find the exact setting (been so stable haven't touched configuration menu in at least a year).

Go to TV Explorer Settings -> Browser -> Group style

More than likely you are set to "Left". Change this to "Left No Banner" and that will give you no banners.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:58 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Always open to suggestion to improve Gemstone or get more users using it. The new Dual Flow is coming along nicely and should be released soon... just working on getting the navigation between the 2 lists working well.

razrsharpe... sorry to be posting Gemstone propaganda on your thread

k

I do use gemstone but TVExplorer is used for TV.

The ability to pick a show, scroll to the right and click on the season we want and play the entire season puts TVExplorer above the rest. In general the family and I do a lot of season type playlists. SageTV doesn't sort as cleanly and doesn't automatically make playlists all on one screen without additional navigation or windows.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:29 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
jorton pointed me here for older versions of Phoenix. I'm guessing that you just need to unzip the files into the proper place in the Sage directories on both the server and client. Obviously, backup your directory first!
unzipping older versions didnt' change anything for some reason.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchSchaft View Post
unzipping older versions didnt' change anything for some reason.
Rolling back a phoenix api update is simply a means of extracting the phoenix.jar to the JARs area, then delete your SageTVHOME/Phoenix/userdata/cache/ area, and then restart sagetv.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Wish we had multiquote here, but that'll never happen. So, sorry for the multiple posts about to be dropped.
Maybe I'm wrong here but isn't this the multi quote you want? What I use to quote multiple people anyway. Just select all posts with that icon then hit the quote button when I'm done selecting and start entering text.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Multi quote icon.jpg (1.1 KB, 387 views)
Old 12-12-2012, 07:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
guess if i ever get around to releasing my latest dev version I'm gonna have to put back the variable height left side... (right now its fixed full height)... that way i dont loose my biggest champion
That would be awesome.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:39 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
You actually can disable the banners but it is not where you would think it is. It took me a while to find the exact setting (been so stable haven't touched configuration menu in at least a year).

Go to TV Explorer Settings -> Browser -> Group style

More than likely you are set to "Left". Change this to "Left No Banner" and that will give you no banners.
I knew it was somewhere... thanks for finding it for everyone
Check out TVExplorer
Old 12-12-2012, 09:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
Maybe I'm wrong here but isn't this the multi quote you want? What I use to quote multiple people anyway. Just select all posts with that icon then hit the quote button when I'm done selecting and start entering text.
Wow... can't believe I didn't see that. Thanks for jabbing it into my eyes. I won't soon forget its location now.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Wow... can't believe I didn't see that. Thanks for jabbing it into my eyes. I won't soon forget its location now.
Didn't know it was possible myself until someone pointed it out to me. I just wish multi quote was available on more sites I visit - probably are I just don't know where it is
Old 12-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Rolling back a phoenix api update is simply a means of extracting the phoenix.jar to the JARs area, then delete your SageTVHOME/Phoenix/userdata/cache/ area, and then restart sagetv.
That did the trick
Old 12-19-2012, 10:37 PM
Sage Icon

I just uploaded an updated version that fixes the caching bug. It's been crazy here lately so didn't get to it last weekend like I thought I would but I finally found some time tonight to work on it.

I also added an enhancement that I've gotten a couple requests for (#38 - Allow different sorting options for the "Movie" group). To apply a different "Movie" group sorting option head to TVE Options -> Group -> Movies Group Sort Style.

Let me know if you have any questions or if something doesn't work right.

I would delete the TVE cache folders in ..\userdata\Phoenix\cache\imagetrans to make sure TVE is forced to recache the banners and posters

Code:
1.05.05 12/19/2012
-Fix bug introduced by phoenix changing cached images from png to jpq (banners and posters not showing)
-#38 - Enhancement - Allow "movie" group seperate sorting option
Check out TVExplorer
Old 12-20-2012, 02:10 AM
Sage Expert

Updated to latest phoenix and then to yours. so far so good.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

Did a quick update and checked out the results on a HD300 and a HD200 and all looks good so far. Off to work for now, but will certainly be playing with it after work tonight.

Thanks for the quick turnaround. The text only banners weren't much fun at all!
Software: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit ♠ SageTV v9.0.12.504 ♠ Java 1.8.0_111
Clients: 4 x STX-HD300 ♠ 3 x STX-HD200 ♠ MacOS Placeshifter
Old 12-20-2012, 02:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokiePerogi View Post
Did a quick update and checked out the results on a HD300 and a HD200 and all looks good so far. Off to work for now, but will certainly be playing with it after work tonight.

Thanks for the quick turnaround. The text only banners weren't much fun at all!
This thread made me smile I remember arguing with Razor to put those banners in there during early development of course those were the sagetv 6 days and before fanart was very prevalent in sagetv...oh the good times
Old 01-04-2013, 09:48 PM
Sage Icon

A new version is in the repository that may fix a potential UI hang when returning to TVE after stopping playback. This change is in response to this thread, specifically the logs posted by skirge01 showing the UI hang while gathering the list of scheduled recordings after stopping playback. On my test setup i see a UI hang of 750ms in the same place (skirge reporting 10000-15000 ms hangs). With this change there is no UI hang returning TVE after playback stop on my setup.

Code:
1.05.06 01/04/2013
-Fix possible UI hang when returning to TVE after stopping playback. (It may hang on getting the list of scheduled recordings.  The list of scheduled recordings will only be generated when displaying the scheduled recordings view.)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-04-2013, 09:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
This thread made me smile I remember arguing with Razor to put those banners in there during early development of course those were the sagetv 6 days and before fanart was very prevalent in sagetv...oh the good times
you were right all those years ago
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-06-2013, 09:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Razr, I'm not sure if this issue was there before you made the change for sorting the movies separately from TV, but I noticed it now. It would appear that it's not following the "ignore in/definite articles" flag. At least, it's not doing it for movies starting with "The". After "Supercarrier", I have "The Andromeda Strain", followed by a ton of movies beginning with "The", all in alphabetical order. Then, after "The World is Not Enough", I have "Time After Time". I looked through my list again and also noticed that "A Christmas Story" was listed under "A", rather than "C", so it's not isolated to "The".

EDIT: I also just realized that imported movies aren't showing in the movie grouping. Has it always been that way? Now that it (mostly ) sorts alphabetically, we were starting to use that over the Videos screen for imported movies.

Last edited by Skirge01; 01-06-2013 at 09:36 AM.