SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:45 PM
Sage User

Sage QAM Freq / Tuner question

I always seem to have issues when a new QAM is available and I attempt to scan or update-scan to add and remap the new channel. Like my area just added Antennatv as a retro channel, so I want to find that one on my cable. I've verfied it is on my cables QAM list.

Can someone tell me, could I start from scratch and manually enter each QAM channel after adding my 2250 tuners?

Basically, when the scan happens, it will show that it has found, for example, 54-0-1 as a QAM channel.

If I wanted to scan and find them all (the frequencies that appear to be valid) and then start over from scratch, add the digital tuner, and instead of scanning, manually add each - can this be done?

I ask because I want to know how to enter the frequencies? Sage says 54-0-1 so do I literally type 5 4 (dash) 0 (dash) 1 ?

Anyone have any experience doing this?

QAM Scanning always seems to trash the perfectly working lineup I now have, so it's a mess to get working again.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:39 PM
Sage User

QAM Add Channel

I have a similar problem. I've got the 2250 tuner with analog and digital tuner. When I add my analog source and scan channels based on my Cable provider's channel list, I get my analog channels. When I add the Digital tuner as a source and dowload the channel list, then scan channels, all my analog channels are remapped and not even correctly. Then the higher channels are all the Set top box channels (I don't have a set top box).

If I do a full channel scan without downloading the channel list, I get all the Digital stations, but they are all like you described #-# or #-#-#. They don't pick up the program guide data.

What I don't know is what I have to type in to the station and id to get the program guide updates
Old 02-10-2011, 06:37 AM
Sage User

I did find that I can add the channels manually, however, there's an oddity where the scan will say a channel is on X frequency (like 54-711-1) but later if you try to manually add the channel, it shows No Signal.

I found that manually adding all frequencies in 54-0-1, 54-0-2, 54-0-3, etc that I found where the few mis-scanned channels were really located.

I am going to write-up a How-To, but basically, yeah, you do not have to do a scan when adding the device, and do not have to manually remap the channels.

Each of your QAM channels can be manually created instead. I believe no program guide is needed, so no remapping is needed. The important part is when adding each channel manually that you know the ChannelID #, which you can find on Zap-2-It's links for each of the channels for your area, and the frequency, which you can establish by looking at your current scanned frequencies, or once you find the range they are in, manually added frequencies until you find where they are located. A regular HD TV can scan for QAM channels and can be used as a guide, since you can view where the HDTV found the frequencies and use those as your basis for adding the channels to sage.

Look for my follow-up message with the how-to sometime in the near future.