SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-08-2011, 02:32 PM
Sage User

Media Directory Mapping: ////SMB Invalid Directory

Am trying to map media directories using the Up Directory button under Video Recording Directories [same for Media Recording Directories]. When I use Up Directory button to get to the screen that lists the drives and the Network, clicking on Network yields "Invalid Directory". I can usually map directly using "Specify...", but I'd sure like to know why the Up Directory button doesn't work for Network. [Maybe I've got a network problem I have figured out yet.]

Would be grateful for advice.

Thanks very much ....
Old 01-08-2011, 02:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacole View Post
Am trying to map media directories using the Up Directory button under Video Recording Directories [same for Media Recording Directories]. When I use Up Directory button to get to the screen that lists the drives and the Network, clicking on Network yields "Invalid Directory". I can usually map directly using "Specify...", but I'd sure like to know why the Up Directory button doesn't work for Network. [Maybe I've got a network problem I have figured out yet.]

Would be grateful for advice.

Thanks very much ....
I found that browsing does not work for me too. I set the video library mapped drives by selecting the option to manually enter the path. I manually enter the path on the SageTV application running on the SageTV computer. One of my video libraries is called:

\\unRAID\disk1\videolibrary

The unRAID server is in my hosts file. That syntax works on my system. In the above example, it adds all the files, directories, sub-directories in and below \\unRAID\disk1\videolibrary to my video library.

Dave
Old 01-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Sage Icon

kludge is for Sage server to map the path to a drive letter and tell Sage to use that.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:09 AM
Sage User

Thanks y'all. Mapping a drive is a nice kludge; will do that. But I'm still curious why the "Up Directory" button doesn't work for "Network". Good to know that I'm not the only one.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Drive letter mapping won't work if you run sage as a service. Windows services can't map shares to drive letters, as that's a user level function. Like dave mentioned, using the UNC path has always worked here. Also, make sure your SageTVService isn't operating under the user "LocalSystem", as LocalSystem doens't ahve network share access. Use the SageTVServiceControl.exe program to change it to log in with a valid user account.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-09-2011, 01:38 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Drive letter mapping won't work if you run sage as a service. Windows services can't map shares to drive letters, as that's a user level function. Like dave mentioned, using the UNC path has always worked here. Also, make sure your SageTVService isn't operating under the user "LocalSystem", as LocalSystem doens't have network share access. Use the SageTVServiceControl.exe program to change it to log in with a valid user account.
Fuzzy, thanks very much for that clarification. I created a new Windows User Account w/password and then assigned that using SageTVServiceControl.exe. Because I hadn't logged on to the server using that new account, naturally it didn't work. However after I assigned a password to the account that I did sign on to the server with, changed SageTVServiceControl.exe to use this account, and cold-started the machine, I was able to add new UNC paths for Windows machines. [I had previously added paths for non-Windows machines using "LocalSystem", so I guess that's where I got confused.] It took a couple of re-starts to get the network synced and for SageTV to populate the Video menu w/the new files, but all is well.

Have learned something valuable about Windows services that I had read about before, but hadn't paid attention to. Thanks so much.
Old 07-30-2017, 11:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Same issue. Windows 7 64bit pro. User account and SageTVService account are the same.

I have e:\Medai1\SageTV_1 which I was able to specify as \\HTPC\Media1\SageTV_1, but could not browse.

At first I was not able to see folder under Network\HTPC, but I disabled the "Password Protected Sharing" radio button under "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings" and I can now get to the drive level, but not down to the media folder level. I also can not select the drive.

I can get to the "Users\Public" folder and select that.
SD HDHR3-CC w/ RCN Cable FW:20161116
SD HDHR-US (OTA) FW:20150615
Firestick-Lite with Android Mini-Client