SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Unhappy Lost IR After Converting To V7

Originally backed up wiz.bin and sage.properties. Upgraded to V7, lost my favorites. Decided to clean install using only wiz.bin to fix. Now no IR settings work. Not sure how to fix. I have tried a repair install but that did not work.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:46 PM
SageTVaholic

What IR settings are you referring to? IR Blaster settings are stored in .IR files under the appropriate folder in Program Files\SageTV\Common\RemoteCodes. IR receive commands are in sageclient.properties.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-02-2011, 02:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Red face IR Selection For Changing Channels

My only option is DirecTV Serial device despite deleting the video source, doing a repair etc. In V6 I had two USBUirt options (DC50x and DCT6200) and HDPVR. Now I do not have any of these.

I want to troubleshoot this and resolve it, but I do not know where to start.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Talking Got It Working Again - Solution Listed

Here are the steps I used
1. Backup wiz.bin, wiz.bak, sage.properties to a non-sage folder. Put sage.properties in a separate subfolder...(you will be retrieving information from it but not copying the file final installation).
2. Go to the common\RemoteCodes folder and copy all custom folders (along with the custom ir files) to another non-sage folder if in doubt copy the entire RemoteCodes folder.
3. Copy all frq and scn files from the sagetv folder (sagetv\sagetv) to another location. You might also want any custom comskip files.
4. Shutdown all sagetv, sagetvservice, comskip and sjq
5. Uninstall sagetv
6. Delete the sagetv and common folders from inside the sagetv directory (not the whole sagetv installation folder).
7. Uninstall all software from systems that use IR. Uninstall all USB devices ensure to tell system to delete drivers and driver information. Uninstall all Hauppauge software. Uninstall other similar software for other devices (like Avermedia).
8. Run hwclear telling system to look for conflicting software with the selected option to remove all driver files and apps.
9. Before you reboot, use CCleaner (or your favorite registry cleaner) to scrub the registry. (Make a backup reg file just in case, but accept all changes due to invalid references to any sagetv tuner, folder or file.)
10. restart
11. reinstall sagetv to the orginal install directory (c:\sagetv is recommended for Win7), but do NOT start it up at the end of the installation.
12. copy the good wiz.bin, scn and frq files and any custom comskip files to the new sagetv directory
13. copy the new common\remotecodes folder to another location just in case
14. copy the contents from the remotecodes folder that was backup in step 2 to the new remotecodes folder. If you are asked to overwrite, do not (unless you are sure. You can always overwrite with the copy of the new install remotecodes backup that you made in step 13 if necessary).
15. open old sage properties folder and copy entire entries for lines that starts with something like seeker/archive and seeker/video_storage (copy it to notepad an minimize notepad). Also copy any custom HDPVR recording settings. Close the old sage.properties file.
16. open the new sage.properties folder and replace the existing seeker lines with the corresponding ones from step 15. Also copy any custom HDPVR recording settings replacing any preexisting corresponding lines that may exist.
17. add advanced_system_file_recovery=true to the new sage.properties file.
18. save the new sage.properties file.
19. start the new sagetv app. Recordings, favorites and the previously used sagetv directories should all be available.
20. install all hauppauge devices and related IR software
21. install the USBUIRT
22. Install any other previously need drivers or device apps that were needed (like the avermedia stuff).
23. Setup any HDHR sources (or any other devices that do NOT require IR).
24. shutdown sagetv
25. restart computer
26. continue configuration in sagetv with the sources that use IR. The IR device should now be available.
27. Once all of your recording sources are setup, shutdown sagetv and restart computer to ensure changes are saved.
28. After restart, check audio/video settings in detailed setup. Work your way through the rest of the detailed configuration to everything is setup the way you had/want it.

Last edited by doncote0; 01-05-2011 at 02:49 PM. Reason: removed the word "basic", simply because some people are confused by it.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:56 AM
Sage Icon

28 steps.
Simple.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Smile Never Said It Was Simple But It Was The Only Thing That Worked For Me

Thanks for your comment.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:03 PM
SageTVaholic

True... but you did call it 'basic'.. :-)

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Lightbulb Basic

Well, I am an IT Professional, too. Basic for me. Others maybe not.

For a large number of sage users most likely...

There is also a basic procedure for operating a radioactive sampling station on a nuclear submarine. That doesn't mean a operating a nuclear submarine is basic.

"Basic" means a low level of effort involved when following the directions. Most people can do that.

Either way, I find little merit in ridiculing someone who is trying to help.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncote0 View Post
That doesn't mean a operating a nuclear submarine is basic.
Nonsense... It's just a big tea kettle in a sewer pipe.