SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Thanks, I made a slight alteration as some of the characters above, such as the !, are legal for file names. Apparently the only illegal characters are ?*\/:<>|

Here is my final code:

avifile = (avifile =~ /[?*\/:<>|]/).replaceAll("")
Change it to this:

avifile = (avifile =~ /[?*\\\/:<>|]/).replaceAll("")

Your code is missing the \ (the one you have escapes the / then you need two more, the first escaping the second.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...

Last edited by Slugger; 01-25-2011 at 10:09 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Slugger - this code worked on fixing the problem that I was having as that was due to the ? - I guess it likely wouldn't have worked for the other characters.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Kind of wish the Sage API exposed the function it uses to do this kind of thing. Then we'd have a call we could make on any platform that would always work. But that little line of code should do the trick on Windows...
Old 01-26-2011, 01:38 PM
Sage Expert

Find TV to archive script

I was modifying the find_tv_to_archive.groovy script from the repository and noticed the string compare to test if the file is already at the destination location is case dependent. I had \\nas configured in Sage and used \\NAS in the script and things kept getting skipped. The snippit below takes care of that. For future reference if us mere mortals notice something like this (or even better fixes) that we want to point out to you, had you rather get posts here, PMs, or emails?

Code:
// If the media file is already stored on the NAS then just skip it
	if(MediaFileAPI.GetFileForSegment(mediaFile, 0).getAbsolutePath().toLowerCase().startsWith(dest.toString().toLowerCase()))
		continue;
While I have your ear, is there an easy way to manually queue a script from the command line using wget/curl and the http apis? When testing something like this scanning script it would have been much easier to be able to queue the script from the command line and just watch the completed queue rather than using the SageUI?

Thanks!
Old 01-26-2011, 01:58 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
...noticed the string compare to test if the file is already at the destination location is case dependent
I would say this is not a bug in the script because files paths are case dependent in Linux (ie NAS != nas) and since sage supports Linux plugins should try to play nice with all the supported os'es
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-26-2011, 03:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I was modifying the find_tv_to_archive.groovy script from the repository and noticed the string compare to test if the file is already at the destination location is case dependent. I had \\nas configured in Sage and used \\NAS in the script and things kept getting skipped. The snippit below takes care of that. For future reference if us mere mortals notice something like this (or even better fixes) that we want to point out to you, had you rather get posts here, PMs, or emails?

Code:
// If the media file is already stored on the NAS then just skip it
	if(MediaFileAPI.GetFileForSegment(mediaFile, 0).getAbsolutePath().toLowerCase().startsWith(dest.toString().toLowerCase()))
		continue;
I'd prefer you open a ticket and attach a patch to the ticket if you're providing code fixes. Next preferred option would be posting the patch in this thread - I'll see it posted here, but the ticket is preferred.

Quote:
While I have your ear, is there an easy way to manually queue a script from the command line using wget/curl and the http apis? When testing something like this scanning script it would have been much easier to be able to queue the script from the command line and just watch the completed queue rather than using the SageUI?
Not in the UI, but you can run a script from the command line using my SageGroovy IDE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
I would say this is not a bug in the script because files paths are case dependent in Linux (ie NAS != nas) and since sage supports Linux plugins should try to play nice with all the supported os'es
You're both right... the answer is to detect the OS and act accordingly. I just committed an update to the script that detects if it's running on Windows and if so, then do a case insensitive file path comparison.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:13 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
I'd prefer you open a ticket and attach a patch to the ticket if you're providing code fixes. Next preferred option would be posting the patch in this thread - I'll see it posted here, but the ticket is preferred.
Check, if I stumble across something else I'll open a ticket.

Quote:
Not in the UI, but you can run a script from the command line using my SageGroovy IDE.
I didn't have much luck when I tried that the other day; granted I only tried for a few minutes and everything I have is running x64. I'll give it a shot locally on the Sage box (still x64) and if that doesn't work I may have to throw it in a VM and see what happens when I have some more time to devote to it.

Quote:
You're both right... the answer is to detect the OS and act accordingly. I just committed an update to the script that detects if it's running on Windows and if so, then do a case insensitive file path comparison.
Good call, and I applaud the use of the ternary operator. It doesn't get enough love these days
Old 01-26-2011, 07:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I didn't have much luck when I tried that the other day; granted I only tried for a few minutes and everything I have is running x64. I'll give it a shot locally on the Sage box (still x64) and if that doesn't work I may have to throw it in a VM and see what happens when I have some more time to devote to it.
The app is good and should run on x64, even if the sagegroovy.exe doesn't. That exe is just a wrapper to launch the JVM (and save people the hassle of launching the JVM manually). If the exe doesn't work on x64 (and I suspect it won't) then just create a batch file that invokes the com.google.code.sagetvaddons.scripting.Launcher class. You need to include all the jars in the lib dir in the JVM classpath, etc. Same cmd line args, etc. are supported when invoking the JVM directly.

Quote:
Good call, and I applaud the use of the ternary operator. It doesn't get enough love these days
I'm a C/C++ guy by trade, the ternary operator is my friend!
Old 01-26-2011, 11:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Groovy script for transcoding

Here is the Groovy script that I use to transcode files. The file will transcode files to MPEG-4 Good Quality AVI although this can be changed by modifying the Format variable in the code below. The output file will be put in the \\server\videos\TV Shows\{ShowName} folder and the file will be renamed to the Episode Title. For example the file 30Rock-BrooklynWithoutLimits-565091-0.mpg would end up being \\server\videos\TV Shows\30 Rock\Brooklyn Without Limits.avi. The code also strips any characters that are illegal for filenames in windows. This was written for Sage7 on Windows so I don't know if it would work on Linux or Mac.

The code is largely stolen from Slugger's examples for a groovy script to kick off comskip. Therefore I may have left in some superfluous code that is not needed.

Code:
boolean checkRecordingType = true; // Check the recording is of the type specified on the command line (i.e. only process mpg recordings)

Object mf = MediaFileAPI.GetMediaFileForID(Integer.parseInt(SJQ4_METADATA.get("SJQ4_ID")));
File path = new File(SJQ4_METADATA.get("SJQ4_PATH"));
String fileName = SJQ4_METADATA.get("SJQ4_LAST_SEGMENT");
String EpisodeName2 = SJQ4_METADATA.get("SJQ4_EPISODE");
String NewPath = "\\\\Server\\Videos\\TV Shows\\";
String Format = "MPEG4-Good Quality AVI";
String avitype = "avi";
String avifile
String OutputFile;
String id   = SJQ4_METADATA.get("SJQ4_ID");
String EpisodeName=ShowAPI.GetShowEpisode(mf);
String ShowTitle=ShowAPI.GetShowTitle(mf);

Object mediaFile = MediaFileAPI.GetMediaFileForID(id.toInteger());

if(SJQ4_ARGS.length > 0)
   fileType = SJQ4_ARGS[0];
else
   fileType = null;

if(mf == null || path == null || path.getAbsolutePath().length() == 0 || fileName == null || fileName.length() == 

0) {
   println("ERROR: Invalid environment data passed to scritpt!");
   return 1;
}

if(checkRecordingType && fileType != null && fileType.length() > 0 && !fileName.endsWith("." + fileType)) {
   println("Recording is not of specified type '" + fileType + "', skipping comskip!");
   return 2;
}

if(!comskipLive && MediaFileAPI.IsFileCurrentlyRecording(mf)) {
   println("Recording in progress, waiting...");
   return 1;
}

if (EpisodeName !=null) 
	avifile = EpisodeName + "." + avitype;
    else 
	avifile = fileName + "." + avitype;

avifile = (avifile =~ /[?*\\\\/:<>|]/).replaceAll("")

OutputFile = NewPath + ShowTitle +"\\" + avifile;

println("Media file is:"+mediaFile);
	println("Episode2="+EpisodeName2);
	println("avifile="+avifile);
	println("Outputfile="+OutputFile);
	println("Format="+Format);
TranscodeAPI.AddTranscodeJob ( mediaFile ,  Format, new File(OutputFile) , true );

return 0;
Old 01-27-2011, 02:29 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm starting to have trouble resisting the draw of SJQv4, but i'm also hesitant to give up v3. Can the two plugins co-exist provided the rules don't cause collisions?

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 01-27-2011, 03:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
I'm starting to have trouble resisting the draw of SJQv4, but i'm also hesitant to give up v3. Can the two plugins co-exist provided the rules don't cause collisions?
v4 is an upgrade of v3, you cannot have both installed on a Sage system simultaneously. Installing v4 will overwrite v3 (if v3 was installed as a plugin and not just carried over from a Sage v6 upgrade). If v3 isn't installed as a plugin then all bets are off... jar collisions, etc. will result if you try to run the two in parallel.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:53 PM
Sage User

Lightbulb

Code:
Object mf; // This is a MediaFile object, pulled from somewhere earlier in this script
File[] files = Tools.mapDir(MediaFileAPI.GetSegmentFiles(mf))
I am running Comskip.exe as executable and also standard pretest script. Where do I put this code? Could you provide full script to run comskip.exe with MapDir and how to use it?

Thank you.
4 x HD-PVR, 1 WinTV 1850 Composite and TS
SageTV V7.0.23
Old 01-27-2011, 08:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenkost View Post
Code:
Object mf; // This is a MediaFile object, pulled from somewhere earlier in this script
File[] files = Tools.mapDir(MediaFileAPI.GetSegmentFiles(mf))
I am running Comskip.exe as executable and also standard pretest script. Where do I put this code? Could you provide full script to run comskip.exe with MapDir and how to use it?

Thank you.
I will try to whip something up on the weekend. But basically you have to create a groovy script as the exe instead of calling comskip.exe directly. So you write a groovy script that calls Tools.mapDir() and then pass that result as the arg to comskip in the groovy script.

Eventually, I'll allow the test script to modify the exe args and then you'll be able to do it that way, but there's no ETA for that feature. Until then, this is how you'd have to do it - only Groovy scripts can call Tools.mapDir().
Old 01-27-2011, 09:01 PM
SageTVaholic

@lenkost Here's basically the whole idea:

Replace your direct call to comskip.exe with this groovy script, which uses Tools.mapDir() to map the received file name argument...

Code:
def exe = "C:/comskip/comskip.exe"
// I'm assuming the first cmd line arg is the file name to be comskipped, adjust accordingly
def fileName = Tools.mapDir(SJQ4_ARGS[0])
println "Using '${fileName}' as argument..."

def cmdLine = [exe, fileName]
println "Executing ${cmdLine}..."
Process p = cmdLine.execute()
p.waitFor()
println p.in.text
println p.err.text
return p.exitValue()
Be sure to prefix the entire path of the groovy exe with 'script:' so SJQ knows you're wanting to run a groovy script as the exe. This script will do the mapdir then call comskip. You could generalize this even more to handle wrapping calls for any and all exes, but I leave that as an exercise for the reader.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:03 PM
Sage User

Thanks. Will it pass comskip log to SJQ UI?
SageTV V7.0.23
Old 01-27-2011, 09:07 PM
SageTVaholic

It will, as long as the output isn't more than 64KB. Once I fix the open bug pertaining to that issue then it should dump all output to the UI (that's what the last two println statements are for).
Old 01-27-2011, 09:16 PM
Sage User

One more question:
If i kill job in SJQ UI, will the SJQ Agent kill corresponding instance of Comskip.exe?
Does termination of the script kill the child process?
SageTV V7.0.23
Old 01-27-2011, 09:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenkost View Post
One more question:
If i kill job in SJQ UI, will the SJQ Agent kill corresponding instance of Comskip.exe?
Does termination of the script kill the child process?
Depends on the OS you're running on. On Windows, I believe the answer is no. You'll have to test it to find out. Though it might because every groovy script runs in its own JVM and so it depends how groovy creates its child processes. Assuming it does it just like Java then I think the answer is still no on Windows and yes on Linux. But, again, you'll have to test to find out.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:50 PM
Sage User

This is my SLQAgent.properties:

Code:
#Generated by SJQv4 agent
#Thu Jan 27 22:38:10 EST 2011
task.comskip.exe=\\\\LenTV\\SJQScripts\\comskip.groovy
task.comskip.schedule=ON
task.comskip.args="$SJQ4_PATH\\$SJQ4_LAST_SEGMENT"
task.comskip.test=\\\\LenTV\\SJQScripts\\comskip_test.groovy
agent.mapdir = D:\\Sagetv1\\,\\\\LenTV\\Sagetv1\\;E:\\Sagetv2\\,\\\\LenTV\\Sagetv2\\
agent.schedule=ON
task.comskip.testargs=ts
task.comskip.rcmin=0
task.comskip.maxprocs=4
task.comskip.maxtimeratio=1.0
agent.resources=100
task.comskip.maxtime=14400
task.comskip.rcmax=1
agent.port=23344
task.comskip.resources=25
This is the error:

Code:
2011-01-27 22:41:37,555 WARN  [ProcessRunner]: isActive(SJQ4Task-192.168.0.110-23347-1654) = true; [SJQ4Task-192.168.0.110-23347-1652, SJQ4Task-192.168.0.110-23347-1654]
2011-01-27 22:42:09,524 INFO  [Config]: Props file update detected, reloading properties from disk!
2011-01-27 22:42:09,540 WARN  [Config]: Unrecognized property skipped! [agent.mapdir]
2011-01-27 22:42:09,540 INFO  [Config]: Props file update detected, reloading properties from disk!
2011-01-27 22:42:09,540 WARN  [Config]: Unrecognized property skipped! [agent.mapdir]
2011-01-27 22:42:33,555 WARN  [Config]: Unrecognized property skipped! [agent.mapdir]
2011-01-27 22:42:33,571 INFO  [Config]: Watching 'C:\sjqagent\bin\..\conf'
2011-01-27 22:42:36,712 WARN  [ProcessRunner]: isActive(SJQ4Task-192.168.0.110-23347-1652) = false; []
2011-01-27 22:42:37,524 WARN  [ProcessRunner]: isActive(SJQ4Task-192.168.0.110-23347-1654) = false; []
SageTV V7.0.23
Old 01-28-2011, 07:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Code:
task.comskip.exe=\\\\LenTV\\SJQScripts\\comskip.groovy
This needs to be:

Code:
task.comskip.exe=script:\\\\LenTV\\SJQScripts\\comskip.groovy
And then:

Code:
Did you upgrade your task client to the latest version? You need to be running 1350 (or higher) in order for the mapdir option to be supported.