SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
True enough. PSShutdown does the exact same thing.
I have to be honest I could not get PSshutdown to work.
What command do you use?

It used to work under vista and xp.....

DId you use this:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion \Policies\System
create or modify 32-bit DWORD: LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy
set the value to: 1
Old 08-11-2011, 04:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by impro View Post
I have to be honest I could not get PSshutdown to work.
What command do you use?

It used to work under vista and xp.....

DId you use this:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion \Policies\System
create or modify 32-bit DWORD: LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy
set the value to: 1
I use xp for my server. I just create a task. Then modify the task with the -F -R commands after psshutdown.exe. That's it.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
Will use that but what I want to do is write a jar that will be loaded in Sage.properties and will try to restart at a set time every day but checks to see if anything is recording first. If it is it would sleep for 15 minutes and try again. Repeating until nothing is recording or set to start within the next 15 minutes. Just haven't had time to write it. That does look like a much better option than shutdown.exe included with Windows.
That would rock if you write that program!
Media Server: Win 7 Home (32 bit), GIGABYTE GA-EP43-UD3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505 Yorkfield 2.83GHz, 4 GB Ram, Geforce 9600 GT PCI-E, 1x HD PVR, HD homerun (2x for OTA, 1x for FIOS QAM), 1 x HD Homerun Prime with cablecard from FIOS.

Client: Windows 10 Pro

Media Extenders: HD-200 x 3, HD-200 x 2
Old 08-15-2011, 10:29 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergq View Post
Did you try the timestamp correction for the registry?
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...postcount=1505

This solved the skip problems for me. I went into that section of the registry, export the settings to a txt file, added the line to the end of the registry, imported the line, restarted the computer, and have not seen the skip since.

let me be clear though, this did not solve my audio sync issues.
After letting it run for a while--it seems like it definitely fixed the problem!

Thanks for the tip!
Old 08-15-2011, 10:45 AM
SageTVaholic

I've finally had an issue with a recording (oddly enough not since). One of my recordings was marked incorrectly as aac audio when it was actually ac3. Lots of shows have been recorded before and after on the same channel and have zero issues. Odd to say the least. Is this the audio issue everyone is talking about?
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I've finally had an issue with a recording (oddly enough not since). One of my recordings was marked incorrectly as aac audio when it was actually ac3. Lots of shows have been recorded before and after on the same channel and have zero issues. Odd to say the least. Is this the audio issue everyone is talking about?
I've had Tron list as AAC audio and therefore not playback on my HD200s. It plays back fine on the server. Never checked with an external tool to see if it was really AC3. Just kept recording until I got a good Dolby Digital and deleted the AAC ones.

It was not my problem with the Colossus. My problem files appear to be real recording problems as they affect both the Server playback on PC and my HD200s. I think with rebooting server I'm up to 75%+ good recordings however. I also need to try VideoRedo on a bad recording sometime to see if a QSF can fix the problem or not.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I've had Tron list as AAC audio and therefore not playback on my HD200s. It plays back fine on the server. Never checked with an external tool to see if it was really AC3. Just kept recording until I got a good Dolby Digital and deleted the AAC ones.

It was not my problem with the Colossus. My problem files appear to be real recording problems as they affect both the Server playback on PC and my HD200s. I think with rebooting server I'm up to 75%+ good recordings however. I also need to try VideoRedo on a bad recording sometime to see if a QSF can fix the problem or not.
I just had a thought as to the issues with audio. If the colossus is capable of recording stereo and multichannel audio couldn't it encode the stereo source as dolby digital instead of aac? The reason I ask is because if a channel suddenly switches from ac3 to pcm (which is then encoded to aac) I can see that causing issues. I wonder if that is the problem? I thought that all HD channels were dolby digital of one form or another and that thr sd channels were the ones that were pcm. I could be wrong though.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I just had a thought as to the issues with audio. If the colossus is capable of recording stereo and multichannel audio couldn't it encode the stereo source as dolby digital instead of aac? The reason I ask is because if a channel suddenly switches from ac3 to pcm (which is then encoded to aac) I can see that causing issues. I wonder if that is the problem? I thought that all HD channels were dolby digital of one form or another and that thr sd channels were the ones that were pcm. I could be wrong though.
The Tron recording that was good was listed by SageTV as Stereo. I believe the AAC version was listed as 5.1 but since I deleted them I can't check. I could definately see changing from ac3 to pcm being a problem. I'm going to try setting when the recording starts to greater than 4000 (default I believe) to see if that will help me some more. I believe you have yours set to 12000 - if that is what was being discussed here?
Old 08-15-2011, 12:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The Tron recording that was good was listed by SageTV as Stereo. I believe the AAC version was listed as 5.1 but since I deleted them I can't check. I could definately see changing from ac3 to pcm being a problem. I'm going to try setting when the recording starts to greater than 4000 (default I believe) to see if that will help me some more. I believe you have yours set to 12000 - if that is what was being discussed here?
Yeah. I set it to 1200. SHS said that works well for him (and it does for me too.)

I'm going to try something slightly lower as that is a long time between channel changes. I don't watch live tv often, but if someone comes over that is a channel surfer they won't be for long with that long of an interval.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Found three of my movies were incorrectly flagged as aac. The play great, but no sound. These are on channels that have nothing but dolby digital. Very strange.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:07 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Found three of my movies were incorrectly flagged as aac. The play great, but no sound. These are on channels that have nothing but dolby digital. Very strange.
That happens when the audio stream is incorrectly identified as PCM. I saw it a few times with earlier drivers where recording starts during a commercial break.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
That happens when the audio stream is incorrectly identified as PCM. I saw it a few times with earlier drivers where recording starts during a commercial break.
That's what I figured. I didn't have "always tune channel" enabled in detailed setup. I'm hoping that will make a difference. I wonder why they chose AAC as the audio codec?
Old 08-16-2011, 10:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That's what I figured. I didn't have "always tune channel" enabled in detailed setup. I'm hoping that will make a difference. I wonder why they chose AAC as the audio codec?
I don't know about your boxes but my cable boxes don't actually retune the channel if you enter the channel that it is already on. I was having problems with one of my cable boxes where it would lose audio after a day or so on the same channel. Therefore I had to set up a scheduled job to change the channel in the middle of the night to a different channel that I never record from.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:37 PM
Sage User

This may be a dumb question, but I've been reading this thread and seeing talk about changing the audio to analog or whatever from dolby and I was wondering where that's done. Is it in Sage or something on the card directly?

I just installed the colossus about 4 or 5 weeks ago and it's been unstable as hell! I'm using 29192 drivers. If I could rely on it aside from a reboot each day that would be one thing but I get strange things like
  • perfect audio but skipping video totally unwatchable and have to delete.
  • complete system freeze. Sometimes it hangs on boot and sometimes it will freeze while recording.
  • Card only partially recognized on bootup. I'll get the colossus decoder but not the encoder. A reboot will usually fix that

I know there's been other things that I can't think of off the top of my head but it's really annoying. I have a hard time believing that's a Sage issue when the card is just dropping out of the system arbitrarily. I even went to download the older drivers some of your are citing good luck with and couldn't find the download. Unless those are on the CD am I SOL?
Old 08-18-2011, 05:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
This may be a dumb question, but I've been reading this thread and seeing talk about changing the audio to analog or whatever from dolby and I was wondering where that's done. Is it in Sage or something on the card directly?

I just installed the colossus about 4 or 5 weeks ago and it's been unstable as hell! I'm using 29192 drivers. If I could rely on it aside from a reboot each day that would be one thing but I get strange things like
  • perfect audio but skipping video totally unwatchable and have to delete.
  • complete system freeze. Sometimes it hangs on boot and sometimes it will freeze while recording.
  • Card only partially recognized on bootup. I'll get the colossus decoder but not the encoder. A reboot will usually fix that

I know there's been other things that I can't think of off the top of my head but it's really annoying. I have a hard time believing that's a Sage issue when the card is just dropping out of the system arbitrarily. I even went to download the older drivers some of your are citing good luck with and couldn't find the download. Unless those are on the CD am I SOL?
You change the audio output on the stb you have plugged into the colossus. How do you have everything hooked up?
Old 08-18-2011, 07:02 PM
Sage User

Quote:
You change the audio output on the stb you have plugged into the colossus. How do you have everything hooked up?
It's coming off of a DTV box using HDMI at 1080i. So I would change the settings in the STB rather than on the PC? That would explain why I couldn't find anything that made sense on the system!
Old 08-19-2011, 07:32 AM
Sage User

STB already had dolby turned off and it wasn't allowing me to turn it on. So that isn't the issue.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:38 AM
SageTVaholic

That's odd. What model box do you have? DirecTV hasn't changed their menu's in quite a while, so I didn't know that they could lock out dolby digital. Try using component and rca for audio. Maybe that will help. My colossus doesn't like to encode to aac. The audio with the acc tracks is always messed up. Dolby digital is always fine.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That's odd. What model box do you have? DirecTV hasn't changed their menu's in quite a while, so I didn't know that they could lock out dolby digital. Try using component and rca for audio. Maybe that will help. My colossus doesn't like to encode to aac. The audio with the acc tracks is always messed up. Dolby digital is always fine.
If it is hdmi and they are detecting the connected device can't receive DD they will lock it out on some boxes I have seen this before. Maybe you need to set a setting in the collusus first.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
If it is hdmi and they are detecting the connected device can't receive DD they will lock it out on some boxes I have seen this before. Maybe you need to set a setting in the collusus first.
I didn't have to do that with my directv boxes. I set them up connected to my tv. That's really weird.