SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-03-2011, 07:45 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
I have Fios and I get the Choppy Video with no Audio on some recordings, like you state here. Some One please help! I hate this colossus!
I am using FIOS and do not have this problem. My only issue is that on some recording, there is a delay at the end of the recording, but the video is smooth.

Which box are you using? Are you HDMI, Component, or Component + SPDIF optical?
Media Server: Win 7 Home (32 bit), GIGABYTE GA-EP43-UD3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505 Yorkfield 2.83GHz, 4 GB Ram, Geforce 9600 GT PCI-E, 1x HD PVR, HD homerun (2x for OTA, 1x for FIOS QAM), 1 x HD Homerun Prime with cablecard from FIOS.

Client: Windows 10 Pro

Media Extenders: HD-200 x 3, HD-200 x 2
Old 04-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Sage Icon

Well it was working using HDMI, but it suddenly lost video and just shows two vertical yellow lines.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I have Fios and I get the Choppy Video with no Audio on some recordings, like you state here. Some One please help! I hate this colossus!
It is the drivers. Not the FIOS.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphipps View Post
Do you have Dolby turned on in your H20 box? Mine has been running with no issues as long as that is turned off, but If I enable it, shows with DD cause choppy video and no audio...

Thanks,
Jeff

Switching off dolby does not fix stutering on SA cox stb.
I have never had it on.
So far I am using a older w7-64 install where I used to have HDPVR.
Will try fresh install tonight.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:22 AM
Sage Expert

Do you cycle sage normally or just when you need to? I started cycling it about 2 weeks ago once a night, and that greatly decreased the number of recordings that had an issue. I set up a script to cycle it every night at about 3am. Not that cycling it is a very good fix, but at least 99% of my recordings are working..

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 04-05-2011, 06:05 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphipps View Post
Do you cycle sage normally or just when you need to? I started cycling it about 2 weeks ago once a night, and that greatly decreased the number of recordings that had an issue. I set up a script to cycle it every night at about 3am. Not that cycling it is a very good fix, but at least 99% of my recordings are working..

Thanks,
Jeff
I tend to agree with this. I have my server restart at 5 AM every day. Started that a long time ago (I think 18 months ago) and a lot of problems just disappeared at that point. Whether they were being caused by a memory leak, bad plugin, or hauppauge drivers, suddenly almost all my problems went away.

I would also run HWClear. I believe there may be an issue with HDPVR/Colossus drivers and the PVR 150 drivers. I have no proof, but I suddenly started having problems with my HD PVR when I reintroduced PVR150 drivers to try something out.
Media Server: Win 7 Home (32 bit), GIGABYTE GA-EP43-UD3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505 Yorkfield 2.83GHz, 4 GB Ram, Geforce 9600 GT PCI-E, 1x HD PVR, HD homerun (2x for OTA, 1x for FIOS QAM), 1 x HD Homerun Prime with cablecard from FIOS.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Not to complicate things but my server is completely stable and I've never done an regular restart like that. Mine runs for weeks, sometimes a few months, between restarts.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:54 AM

I petty much have do the same thing, I have my server restart at 5 AM every day where before my server is completely stable and I've never done an regular restart like that. Mine runs for months on end unless there was update that was only time it got restart.
I have 1 Colossus and 1 HVR-2250
Old 04-05-2011, 04:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

My problem is one colossus sckips any 4 seconds and the the second one works all the time.
Brand new W7 64 install. Sagetv and 2 colossus installed only.
If I take one colossus out everything works.
When I use both the second one stutters.

Cox STB 720p stereo dolby off
Old 04-05-2011, 05:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
Not to complicate things but my server is completely stable and I've never done an regular restart like that. Mine runs for weeks, sometimes a few months, between restarts.
what kind of Java heap numbers are you showing?
Old 04-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergq View Post
I am using FIOS and do not have this problem. My only issue is that on some recording, there is a delay at the end of the recording, but the video is smooth.

Which box are you using? Are you HDMI, Component, or Component + SPDIF optical?
I have it hooked up to a QIP 7232, and it only happens on some recordings. its really just the sound not working I guess. I just got 2 more colossus's so maybe they will work better with my 7100s... I use component + SPDIF. what are you using?
Old 04-07-2011, 04:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

I just changed to stereo audio... it looked like it was working better i didnt have any issues so far, but it did just restart my server for no reason...

Changing to Stereo Audio Fixes everything and it runs much faster..... =( I want 5.1 though

Last edited by The Truth; 04-07-2011 at 04:58 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
OK GUYS SORRY FOR ALL THE POSTS.... I Really think i found the issue...

I think it was that my STB was a DVR and that was causing issues...

NVM.... just got a no sound/freezing on a new colossus... !

I think it has something to do with AAC audio?
My STB, which is cable, is a DVR and I am not having issues.

PC: W7 32bit, Intel Q9550 2.83 Quad, 4GB DRAM
Cap Devices: Colosuss+UIRT+Cable STB; HDHR QAM+OTA, USB MediaSonic (6TB)
Network Players: HD200, (2) HD300s
Viewing: Samsung 55" 8000, Sony 50" and HP 37"
The more complicated it is the more likely it will break!
Old 04-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bits View Post
My STB, which is cable, is a DVR and I am not having issues.
Yeah I just deleted all those posts... for some reason my SPDIF doesnt work correctly... I switched to Stereo Audio and everything works fine.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

NEVER MIND IM STILL GETTING THE ISSUE ON SOME RECORDINGS!!!!!!!! FRICKING STUPID CARDS!!!!

This may have to do with having one card recording and trying to watch on the 2nd card...

OK I have 2 Colossus installed right now...they seem to be working on stereo somewhat.. But it seems at least if recording 1 show and going to watch a second, i need to stop then wait 10 seconds then click watch or else i still get audio issues..
EDIT: Nevermind im still getting audio issues.......UGH.

Last edited by The Truth; 04-07-2011 at 05:51 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I just changed to stereo audio... it looked like it was working better i didnt have any issues so far, but it did just restart my server for no reason...

Changing to Stereo Audio Fixes everything and it runs much faster..... =( I want 5.1 though
yeah, agreed on the 5.1 - what's the point of half the HD experience? Don't these companies test their products?
Old 04-08-2011, 06:00 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
NEVER MIND IM STILL GETTING THE ISSUE ON SOME RECORDINGS!!!!!!!! FRICKING STUPID CARDS!!!!

This may have to do with having one card recording and trying to watch on the 2nd card...

OK I have 2 Colossus installed right now...they seem to be working on stereo somewhat.. But it seems at least if recording 1 show and going to watch a second, i need to stop then wait 10 seconds then click watch or else i still get audio issues..
EDIT: Nevermind im still getting audio issues.......UGH.
Is this problem happening on the HD300 or on your clients? I am not having any audio problems with 2 recording at the same time.

Also, does this happen after you restart the server (not sage, the actual computer)? You may want to put an automatic restart each day. My computer does it at 4 or 5 am each day.

The only real issue I am having is on some recording, there is an out of sync delay between video and audio. This always happens on Sci Fy I am now wondering if it is SciFy because it does not happen on premium channels like HBO, etc.

Have you uninstalled all these drivers, then run HWClear and then reinstalled the colossus driver?

Old 04-08-2011, 04:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergq View Post
Is this problem happening on the HD300 or on your clients? I am not having any audio problems with 2 recording at the same time.

Also, does this happen after you restart the server (not sage, the actual computer)? You may want to put an automatic restart each day. My computer does it at 4 or 5 am each day.

The only real issue I am having is on some recording, there is an out of sync delay between video and audio. This always happens on Sci Fy I am now wondering if it is SciFy because it does not happen on premium channels like HBO, etc.

Have you uninstalled all these drivers, then run HWClear and then reinstalled the colossus driver?
Looks like after a restart they both work. I am waiting to see if i need to have my server restart everyday or if it will be fine.
Thanks
Old 04-09-2011, 07:57 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by impro View Post
My problem is one colossus sckips any 4 seconds and the the second one works all the time.
Brand new W7 64 install. Sagetv and 2 colossus installed only.
If I take one colossus out everything works.
When I use both the second one stutters.

Cox STB 720p stereo dolby off
Just a FWIW - is it possible there is an interrupt conflict in BIOS with these cards? Any Anti-Virus running? Indexing? Auto-defragger? Anything in the background that takes away from the video drives being dedicated to Sage video? Using a video drive for a Pagefile? Just guessing here.

Also, and this it an out-there attempt to solve it, but you could download a 14-day trial of SuperSpeed's SuperCache - it will let pages of HD writes sit "dirty" in allocated RAM before they are committed to an HD write (I am assuming you have write caching enabled in Windows 7). This can help ENORMOUSLY if the hard drive is fragmented and has to seek around for places to commit the writes to. I have increased file copy speed by up to 200% or more with it. I would just keep the commit latency seconds low so that so much video does not pile up in the RAM buffer that it can't get it written correctly in time (you lose lip synch, etc).

Are you writing to a 64-k block hard drive? I don't know about this per se, but I assume Sage is Advanced-Format compatible since Win 7 would handle that chore. I run Sage on XP so I don't deal with advanced format drives.

Maybe I missed your system specs, but I did not see them under this post.
Asus P5Q Premium MB, E6750, 4GB RAM, 32-bit XP Pro SP3, 3Ware 9590SE controller, 80GB 7.2K Laptop boot drive w/SuperSpeed Cache Utility & eBoostr, (1) KWorld ATSC-110, (1) 950Q USB, (1) 2250 tuner, (1) HD-PVR using USB-UIRT, (1) 1600 Dual card, (1) DVICO Fusion 5 Gold, (1) Hauppauge 1250, (1) Hauppauge 2250, 8 various storage HD's, NEC-based x1 USB add-on card, 2 outdoor antennas capturing 2 different OTA markets, Dish Network w/HD Receiver for HD-PVR.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:20 AM

I upload 3 video for hauppauge to look at
http://www.shspvr.com/ftp/download/moive_clip/colossus/
At the time I doing dual recording at the same time 30 min each with in few hour that what I see even know I had the Colossus recording all day even on clip was 6 hours long and not one problem that was in tell the dual recording started.

So wondering this is same thing you other see here?.

Video Recording Path Optimization Style is set to Optimize for Space but because one of harddrive that recording path is 1tb with 500gb so main the 1tb get all the recordings in tell I upgrade that 500gb drive
I test the other optin to see that helps but some tell it not going work but we never know we see in a few days

Setup is
(2) DirecTV HD H24-500 Receiver set at 720p
Hauppauge Colossus (HDMI input)
Hauppauge HVR-2250 (Composite input)