SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-26-2010, 07:48 AM
Sage User

Newby with problem

Hi all,

am a newbie to this Forum, SageTV and SageMC

I am having a small problem with SageMC: installed great, but when I go into the Guide, I can not return to any other section of SAgeMC. Left and right arrows will only advance the guide grid, right clicking only presents the guide options, and pressing Esc does nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Rainer
Old 11-26-2010, 09:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

The Home key will return you to main screen
Old 11-26-2010, 11:40 AM
Sage User

Appreciated!

Wow, thank you tons!

Will try my luck with Studio and see if I can insert a command button for the Main Menu. We'll see what happens (hope to remember to back up the original

Rainer
Old 11-26-2010, 06:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Any reason to not just use that already existing HOME command?

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 11-26-2010, 06:37 PM
Sage User

Hey Fuzzy

Would be nicer for all family members if the certain pages, such as the TV "Guide" could have a command button which will send you to the Home screen.

Been trying to read through the User manual; I imagine it'll take me a few more years to understand it

Are there any "SageStudio for Dummies" sites which may explain Studio with basics, maybe samples?

I would hate to have to ask for every code change here on the forum; would be nice to get the hang of it,

Rainer
Old 11-26-2010, 07:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Are you talking about wanting an on-screen button that takes you back home? If that's the case, hitting the SageTV logo will do so. Most here, use a remote control for controlling sage, and as such, have a remote button assigned to Home (as well as Back, Guide, etc).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:04 PM
Sage User

You got it

Hey Fuzzy,

yup, I would like a command button on the screen which reverts to the main screen. We have one remote, but the other systems do not. And, again, especially for my wife who is not into computers, an easily visible button to get back would be a better choice.

Rainer
Old 11-27-2010, 09:08 AM
Sage User

My first trial

OK, this is what I was able to do so far (not close, but I am trying):

was able to add a selection bar to a current menu under TV menu as follows:

Menu container (?) Trial Main Menu
if - GetProperty("sagemc/dynamic_main_menu", true) == true)
b - Trial Main Menu

The GetProperty is obviously not correct (does not get to MainMenu). could someone please tell me the proper GetProperty command?

Rainer
Old 11-27-2010, 12:04 PM
SageTVaholic

So what are you using to control? (also, I just realized you're using SageMC - which is probably not all that wise starting out - it is an abandoned project).

Old 11-27-2010, 01:24 PM
Sage User

Figured it out

OK Fuzzy,

looks like you gave me the answer but I didn't understand it:

this is what I did, instead of the IF statement, I used the Action widget (at least I think it is, looks like a tool; have not found anything which actually explains the symbol to widget name) with this entry the Entry "Command Home", in case another Newbie is wondering how this turned out,

Rainer
Old 11-27-2010, 01:26 PM
Sage User

Abandoned project

Fuzzy,

are there any other 'current' UI projects out there?

This is a WHOLE NEW world for me, but I like it (have written medical programs in the past in Foxpro, which was also abandoned once purchased by MS)

Rainer
Old 11-27-2010, 03:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainerfeyer View Post
OK Fuzzy,

looks like you gave me the answer but I didn't understand it:

this is what I did, instead of the IF statement, I used the Action widget (at least I think it is, looks like a tool; have not found anything which actually explains the symbol to widget name) with this entry the Entry "Command Home", in case another Newbie is wondering how this turned out,

Rainer
You really shouldn't ave to do anything in Studio for this. Each 'Sage Command' can be configured to any input (keyboard, remote, etc) in the Detailed Setup -> Commands section.

Quote:
Fuzzy,

are there any other 'current' UI projects out there?
Projects, yes - though none at a 'released' state. Phoenix, I believe, is in development, and Ortus I believe WAS in development and was abandoned. It seems most are looking to utilize various plugins on top of the Default UI, as opposed to replacing the UI altogether.
Quote:
This is a WHOLE NEW world for me, but I like it (have written medical programs in the past in Foxpro, which was also abandoned once purchased by MS)
Not really abandoned - MS continued to update and improve FoxPro (calling it 'Visual FoxPro') for 15 years (the last update released mid-2009 I believe). Either way, there really wasn't much need to extend it beyond that, as MS is really focusing on managed code, and FoxPro simply isn't well suited to transition to a managed .net version. Besides, VB.net is incredibly easy to pick up for a foxpro developer, and DOES work quite well in managed code.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:16 AM
Sage User

Thank you tons,

I will recheck the setup section and will work with 'commands'. Did get the menu buttons made for "Return to Main Menu' as well. The only are it was not possible is in 'LiveTV'. Apparently, a container there does not follow command (though the label is present).

Anyways, yup - used VFP until the end, actually still dabbled in it up to about 7 years ago, then did some Access with VB background coding - I never picked it up as well as VFP - lost interest I guess and my programs worked.

Are you keeping SageTV as is or are you making UI mods to it?

Rainer
Old 11-28-2010, 09:53 AM
Sage User

Answered myself

I can answer that question myself:

went and reloaded SageTV.xml and went through some of the Plug-ins - and, who did I see as a contributor? Fuzzy!

Rainer