SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-16-2010, 08:03 PM
Sage User

Sage 7 Mount ISO - Bookmarks?

Running Sage 6 - we could create a directory with the contents of a DVD - and play that - but we found that there were zero bookmarks. It did not have the "were you left off" as per the standard Sage TV playback feature. A colossal bother.

The way around that was to convert the DVD into an MPEG - cumbersome but for 95% of the time it worked and then as a "file" SageTV played the videos like regular recordings and the bookmark was kept.

For Sage 7 there is an ability now to auto-mount ISOs.

Q1: Does anyone know if bookmarks work or is it about the same as DVD structure format as before - and, therefore, it doesn't work?

Q2: Further how does this work? If I have 2 TVs and want to watch 2 different DVDs - can the Virtual DVD app be setup for mulitple "drives" - say up to 4 - so up to 4 people can watch 4 different DVD ISOs at the same time?

Q3: Are ISOs left mounted until a new one is mounted? (this would be practical if the bookmark would be kept until it is unmounted). Moot if bookmarks work regardless.

I am hoping this is possible.

Thanks
belly
Old 11-16-2010, 10:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

As far as clients are concerned the DVD is played as if you had placed it in your DVD drive. There is no "bookmark" feature. It remains mounted until you unmount or something else is mounted. I don't have any extenders. Multiple clients can watch the same or different .ISOs at the same time. The only time that the server needs to mount the .ISO is when it scans it for an import library refresh.

Some other things I noticed: If you minimize or restore the SageTV screen the DVD starts from the beginning again. Also there is no way to have cover art associated with the .ISO file at least "filename.jpg" doesn't work like it would with an .AVI, .MPG etc.