SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-04-2007, 04:53 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via ICQ to valnar
DVD ISO mount capability anywhere?

Has anyone created a mechanism that mounts ISO's (or MDS file) within a Sage Server so a MediaMVP can be used to watch DVD's? That's the last thing I need to put a MediaMVP everywhere in my house. My Sage Server 6.19 has all my DVD's on it in ISO/MDS format at the moment.

Thanks,
Robert
Old 06-05-2007, 03:50 AM
SageTVaholic

The only think that I know of that mounts ISO's is listed in the 'Similar Posts' at the bottom of this page: STV Import: Mount DVD ISO Images and External DVD Player Ver 0.12.

I have no idea whether it works with an MVP (I guess it depends on whether MVPs can playback DVDs)
Old 06-05-2007, 07:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

You could probably use utilities like "Virtual Clone Drive" or "Daemon Tools", but I believe those would require manual mounting outside of SageTV--not be an issue if you use your mouse with SageTV, but much more difficult if you a remote (maybe neilm's plugin reference would help.)

Alternately, how about just extracting the AUDIO_TS/VIDEO_TS folders from the .ISO into a SageTV video folder? SageTV will then see them as standard videos, and you will have full playback control (DVD menus) on any SageTV client or MVP. Some people insist on maintaining archives of the .iso files instead of the video folders, but really does it matter? You can always burn the video folder set, or convert it back to an .iso as needed.

HTPC: AMD ASUS M2N-E Socket AM2 Motherboard; Athlon 64 3200+ Orleans 2.0GHz; 2GB RAM; eVGA 256MB Geforce 7300LE; 1x40GB IDE HDD (OS), 2xSeagate Barracuda 320GB SATA HDD (Recordings); Antec Overture II Case; Windows XP Pro SP2; SageTV v6.5
STV: SageMC
Video sources: Currently, none. I'm using SageTV for Music, Photos, and Video playback.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:30 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via ICQ to valnar
I know that archiving my DVD's without ISO files are best for Sage in its default configuration, but I was hoping to avoid that. It's just cleaner to keep them as ISO's. If there is no other solution, I'll expand them all out.

Robert
Old 09-17-2007, 03:25 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarr View Post
Alternately, how about just extracting the AUDIO_TS/VIDEO_TS folders from the .ISO into a SageTV video folder? SageTV will then see them as standard videos, and you will have full playback control (DVD menus) on any SageTV client or MVP.
Hi,

I have this working with SageTv including all the menus, however it doesnt seem to work with SageTVClient. It returns the error "Sage.PlaybackException: ERROR (-3,0x80070057)" once I click play. All other media works fine. I've Tried changing directory_deletion_of_dvds_enabled=false to true, but that doesnt work and it will reset to false once I've tried to play the film.

I'm using SageTVClient_V6_2_8 and sage.tv/SageTV_V6_2_8.

Anyone have any ideas?

Old 02-27-2009, 12:41 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by valnar View Post
I know that archiving my DVD's without ISO files are best for Sage in its default configuration, but I was hoping to avoid that. It's just cleaner to keep them as ISO's. If there is no other solution, I'll expand them all out.
I have the exact same question. I have a ton of .iso files. Any way to mount them within SageMC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
It returns the error "Sage.PlaybackException: ERROR (-3,0x80070057)" once I click play.
I've installed the Mount DVD ISO Images and External DVD Player and have the exact same problem when I try to play any .iso files.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by ryansebiz; 02-27-2009 at 01:14 AM.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Currently, ISO playback is only supported on the HD200 in Media Player mode.