SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:48 AM
Sage Fanatic

Top and bottom overlay bars getting "stuck"

I just recently installed an HD PVR and HDHomeRun and had never seen this until I installed the HD stuff and now I'm seeing it quite often.

When you first tune to a channel, there are top and bottom Sage overlay bars that give you info that fade back out after a period of time. I have noticed that now, nearly each time I tune to a channel where either the HD PVR or HDHomeRun is the device doing the recording, these bars get "stuck" and don't go away. You can make them go away by hitting the fast forward or rewind button and then they will go away after the normal time delay. Also, even when tuning to a channel using my trusty old PVR250s, this will sometimes happen but not nearly as often as with the HD stuff. I've never seen the bottom bar get "stuck" when fast forwarding through commercials... this only happens when the channel initially comes up.

I've been having some problems getting smooth live playback of the HD stuff so maybe this is related but if not, just wondering if anybody else has seen it and if it has been recognized as a possible bug... if it isn't my system/setup that is the bug
Old 10-17-2010, 12:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Confirm this bug,Top and bottom overlay bars getting "stuck", and also taskbar are visibile with all v7 sage, is always on top set to ON and fullscreen exclusive ON.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:50 PM
Sage Fanatic

For me, fullscreen exclusive is ON but always on top is disabled.

In my setup though, I didn't make any changes other than adding the HD items. In my case it seems more related to the circle of death... the longer the swirling circle is displayed the greater the chance of the overlay bars getting "stuck". Since the circle comes up for a decent amount of time everytime I tune to a HD channel, the bars are stuck nearly all the time. I'll have to watch this closer but I think the only time they get stuck when tuning to a channel that uses the PVR250 is when I'm recording a HD channel in the background... but I'll have to watch for this to see if this is what is happening to the PVR250 channels just to be sure.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:20 PM
Sage

When you say 'stuck' do you mean they are still visible, or that they hide themselves but that area of the UI is blacked out? I'm assuming it's the first, and if so, then my first guess is that it's related to a plugin somehow. Try disabling all of your UI plugins and then see if the problem still occurs; and if it does, then go ahead and submit a bug report at http://sagetv.com/bugs.html
Old 10-17-2010, 03:31 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex View Post
When you say 'stuck' do you mean they are still visible, or that they hide themselves but that area of the UI is blacked out? I'm assuming it's the first, and if so, then my first guess is that it's related to a plugin somehow. Try disabling all of your UI plugins and then see if the problem still occurs; and if it does, then go ahead and submit a bug report at http://sagetv.com/bugs.html
Yes... stuck meaning they are still visible. They will "fade away" though if you hit one of the buttons on the remote (like play, FF, RW, etc.) after the normal time delay.

I hadn't installed any additional plugins when it started happening (coincided with the setup of the HD PVR and HDHR) but will give that a shot and see what happens.

Thanks!