SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-30-2010, 07:30 PM
Sage User

Client stuck on "SageTV server has been lost"

I have a SageTV server with 2x HD200's throughout my house. I also have a SageTV client installed on my main PC, where I like to watch TV from time to time on one of the monitors.

My issue is that I recently reformatted the SageTV server and it now has a new name and IP address, which is causing my SageTV client (on my PC) to always show:

"The connection to the SageTV Server has been lost. Attempting to restore the connection..."

This happens every time I start the client and will sit there indefinitely..

I am sure there must be a setting somewhere in one of the config files to tell the client to NOT automatically connect but I have no idea where that might be.

Can anyone provide some help here please?

Thanks!
Old 01-30-2010, 08:11 PM
SageTVaholic

From the Connection Lost screen, you should be able to hit Home to get to the Main Menu, then navigate to Detailed Setup > General > Autoconnect to correct the problem from within the UI.

If that doesn't work, look in SageClient.properties for autoconnect_server_hostname and delete that entry.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:24 PM
Sage User

All good, I managed to get to the Main Menu and was able to stop it from autoconnecting.

Cheers

Last edited by kobekatt; 01-30-2010 at 10:26 PM.