SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-14-2008, 08:26 PM

Help - stuck on "Configure Video Playback"

Hi there,
I'm a newb just setting up the trial of Sage, I did some searching but could not find an answer for my problem.

I am in the Configuration Wizard at the "Configure Video Playback" screen. None of the "Video Playback settings" pass the test, I press Test and the screen background clears and it asks if it is working properly and I say no since the screen is black. This happens on Basic,Medium,Standard,Advanced settings.

Can anyone recommend the next thing to try? Am I missing a codec or something?
Thanks.

My setup is as follows:
Windows XP SP2
Hauppauge PVR-150 (for standard definition recording)
Hauppauge PVR-1250 (for OTA hi-def recording, hopefully, eventually)
Telus TV (IPTV with Scientific Atlanta IPN330HD STB), hooked into the PVR150 with cablevision cable and on channel 3
Asus M2NPV motherboard
2 gig ram, 500 gig HD
Old 12-14-2008, 08:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to Ryokurin Send a message via AIM to Ryokurin Send a message via Yahoo to Ryokurin
Try telling it yes so you can go on to the main menu just in case its trying a channel thatyou can't pick up. That should take you to the main menu. Then try to pick up channel 3. If it doesn't work then try the basic settings in detailed settings - Video/Audio, which would be overlay video render, SageTV MPEG Video Decoder, SageTV MPEG Audio Decoder.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

I had exactly (almost...) the same problem when I tried to first install Sage. I had to jump past the "configure video" step almost instantaneously or my PC would actually freeze.

My HTPC had been running on an XP install for over a year, and I guess just got cludgeoned up or something, because once I decided to format completely and do a fresh install from the ground up, everything installed perfectly, I got my tv signal (from satellite) and everything's been hunky dory. I'm just twiddling now with some fine tuning...

I found also that all the months and months of Java updates were all on the PC and this could also have been part of the problem.
Old 12-25-2008, 07:46 PM

Ok thanks guys, it looks like I got past this stage of the setup now.

I have a bit more free time over the holidays, hopefully I can get it to change channels on my set-top-box next.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Telus HD

Martin, if you don't mind my asking, how is the Telus HD IPTV service working for you? Before I moved from the Vancouver area to Toronto, I was looking at their service. I just wasn't willing to revert to the non-HD service that was the only choice at the time.

Cheers,
Shaun

Last edited by smdl; 01-18-2009 at 10:19 AM.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:18 PM

Same Issue on Setup

I am very new to Sage and am having the same issue. I have tried each setting and get "No Signal".

I tried each of the solutions mentioned, no luck.

I am running an OTA through a HDHomerun, and with the QuickPlay utility, I can see all of the channels, but nothing in SageTV. According to both SageTV and HDHomerun, they are compatible with each other.

I have run setup a few times, same result each time. Any ideas?

Tags
pvr150 hauppauge