SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 09-10-2010, 02:58 AM
Sage User

Problem with Parental Controls and Multiple Discs

Hi,

It's rather an esoteric issue but I think I have discovered a problem when you have the following situation:

1. Sage Parental Controls enabled
2. A title has a rating that is restricted by the parental controls; and
3. A title has more than one disc.

In this situation it appears that you can watch the first disc without problems (after entering the parental lock code of course). However, if you try and watch the second disk it does not prompt for the lock code (although it looks like it tries to display the dialog box but fails) and insead you get the following error.

"ERROR (-3): Parental Check Failed"

Also, from this point on if you try and look at any title that has more the one disc the names displayed are those from the title you were in when the error occured. Any attempt to watch these disc results in the same error. The only way to resolve this is to restart the Sage client.

Environment is:

Save Version: V7.0.16.238
Java Version 1.6.0
Sage My Movies Version:1.140
Sage My Movies API Version:1.180

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Mark
Old 09-10-2010, 04:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Yes there is an issue with default parental controls I have been told but I didn't remember to look at it because I though I fixed it with the last build...there is really no reason it should display for one did and not the other unless it doesn't have a moaa rating imported into sage. I would trust the mymovies parental controls I coded to be write over the default sage in smm. As I am not sure what gets imported as a rating for multi disc since sage first really support them. What happens if you try to play disc 2 from the default library?
Old 09-10-2010, 07:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Okay I found this issue.

Unfortunately it is not a easy or really even plausible fix....

My suggestion is to turn off parental controls for movies (you can still leave the tv controls set) and use mymovies parentle rating control for mymovies.

The reason I don't like fixing this issues is there is no guarantee (unless you are having MyMovies collection manager handle the property files) that Sage and SMM will have the same rating. As MyMovies is disc or edition based and sagetv/bmt is movie based. So you could have an unrated version and BMT or sage just picks up the rated r version so on and so fourth. By using SMM restrictions you will have constant rating control that is accurate in SMM.

What I might do is figure out a way for you to have default parental controls enabled and me just bypass them in SMM so you can still use them in the default videos views if you prefer.

thoughts?
Old 09-10-2010, 08:10 AM
SageTVaholic

I have added a sticky on the changes in the upcoming version.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50767
Old 09-12-2010, 04:13 AM
Sage User

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response - been away for the weekend :-)

First up, I would like to say that I think SMM is an excellent product (as is MyMovies) and gives some fantastic and much needed functionality to Sage. I would also like to thank you for the timely and detailed responses you give to all posts.

However, IMHO I don't think that what you are proposing (i.e. disabling the Sage Parental controls while in SMM) is a good solution. I do let MyMovies control the properties file so I don't see any of the inconsistency issues you describe. I have never used BMT and am not really aware of its functionality so I may be unaware of how easy the inconsistency issues can manifest themselves. So, from my (limited) perspective forcing the use of the SMM restrictions means that I will have to maintain exactly the same information in two different places.

Having said that if this is the only realistic solution then I am happy to live with it.

Regards,

Mark