SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 08-14-2010, 11:53 AM
Sage User

Thumbs down system message about plugin license?

I updated the CORE services and one other service that i can't remember then ll of a sudden SageTV sent me a system message that SageTV was not licensed and that I would have a minimal install. it then suggested that i make a donation to get a new KEY. I restarted SageTV, not the service though, and then SageTV booted up normally. where can I check on my license status? Is it in the system information?

Dana

* split & moved to customization forum *
Old 08-14-2010, 11:58 AM
Sage Icon

Weird, I got a message regarding SageAlert licensing after doing the Phoenix Core Services update. Something strange is going on, I think...

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...0&postcount=66
via Olevia 247TFHD/Onyko TX-SR606/Harmony 550/HP MediaSmart EX490 WHS w/12TB
Plex Media Server v0.9.9.5 on HP Touchsmart Envy 23 d16qd
Sonos Play:3, Connect / SimpleTV v2 / Roku 2 XS+Plex / iPhone 5 / iPad 2
Old 08-14-2010, 05:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezekiel View Post
I updated the CORE services and one other service that i can't remember then ll of a sudden SageTV sent me a system message that SageTV was not licensed and that I would have a minimal install. it then suggested that i make a donation to get a new KEY.
Just to be very clear, this is not SageTV doing this, it is some plugin (sounds like SageAlert or Phoenix or something it uses).

First, SageTV doesn't allow upgrading itself via the UI/plugin interface. Nothing in the Plugins interface (AFAIK) is an official SageTV product, it is all user developed plugins.

Second SageTV has no donation system and (in it's current form) will never ask you to make a donation.

The only time you will ever see any sort of trial info inside SageTV that is from SageTV will be in the Placeshifter or on a HD100/MVP if you don't have (enough) placeshifter licenses registered.

License issues for SageTV itself will appear as a dialog when you first start.