SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 08-20-2010, 04:24 PM
Sage User

movies wont play

Hi Plucky,

I've installed Sage My Movie on my V7 of Sage Tv and My Movies Collection Manager as well. Everything seems to be working fine but i cannot seem to be able to play any movie. When I press play on my remote or enter on the keyboard nothing happen. I see the cover and back as well as the movie information.

My Movies is populated with my movie collection and installed as instructed in the wiki. I've tried to rebuild the database and refresh the imported media to no luck. Any help would be appreciated because I really like SMM and would like to keep using it. Keep up the good work and thanks.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Check the wiki again your paths don't match in collection manager and sagetv they must be the same and they are case sensitive.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:58 PM
Sage User

I'll do that. I'm currently repopulating My Movie Collection Manager. I'll keep you posted. thanks.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:20 PM
Sage User

Yep you were right. Path were wrong. I've attached a screen capture example that you might want to add to the wiki to clarify things for the slower guys like me again good work and keep it up !
Attached Images
File Type: png Paths Example.PNG (711.3 KB, 331 views)
Old 08-20-2010, 06:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks I may use that image. The next build does actually have a nice popup explaining the issue to help people. It shows the path in mymovies and the paths in sagetv.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am still not able to get movies to play, I've read, and re-read the wiki and the forums.

Setup:
  • MyMovies and SageTV running on the same WHS. (been running for 18 months so not a new install)
  • All movies are added from a desktop PC with the MyMovies client and AnyDVD.
  • Playback is primarily through 2 HD200s

What is the relationship between:
  1. SageTV config: Media Center Import Directory (for videos)
  2. MyMovies WHS - My Movies Monitor - I have this turned off as I add new titles manually via the client.
  3. MyMovies Client - New titles are added with the path matching the case

Given this, what paths and the path's case must match where?

Example:
  • SageTV: \\BOB\Videos (root of WHS where movies are stored)
  • MyMovies DB: \\BOB\Videos\Movies\Soylent Green
  • MyMovies DB: \\BOB\Videos\Movies\Alien Predator\Aliens (have the boxed set of all Alien & Predator movies)
  • MyMovies DB: \\BOB\Videos\Movies\Armageddon
  • etc

I have TV Shows separated out in \\BOB\Videos\TV Shows
  • Each movie is in it's own directory.
  • Each movies is in a Video_TS folder within the movie title folder.
  • MyMovies SageTV plugin is picking up the cover art and the meta data, just won't play the movie.ach movies is in a Video_TS folder within the movie title folder.
  • MyMovies SageTV plugin is picking up the cover art and the meta data, just won't play the movie.

Thanks in advance for any guidance / insight!
-Ben

Last edited by batwater; 08-24-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:17 PM
SageTVaholic

What does the popup say when you try and play a movie?
Old 08-24-2010, 12:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

I don't get a popup, there is nothing. I have not made any configuration changes to MyMovies plugin, all stock. From the wall view Pressing OK or play on the remote results in nothing. Pressing the info view gives me the info dialog.

Thanks!
-Ben
Old 08-24-2010, 12:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by batwater View Post
I don't get a popup, there is nothing. I have not made any configuration changes to MyMovies plugin, all stock. From the wall view Pressing OK or play on the remote results in nothing. Pressing the info view gives me the info dialog.

Thanks!
-Ben
Update the plugin and you will get a detailed popup that will give you and I more to work with
Old 08-24-2010, 06:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Done! 1:21pm
  • Updated HWS core to 7.0.15,
  • updated STV to most current,
  • plugin updated
  • HD200 was already most current beta
  • MyMovies WHS and clients were already current.

Database rebuilding (sides of server heaving)... 1:21pm waiting patiently ...3:42pm Still waiting patiently... 6:05pm still waiting even more patiently... 6:28pm (log entry)Finished...

Should the DB build take have taken this long? I recall getting JVM heap overflow errors with each DB build on earlier versions, the logs are still generating at this point and no errors. (at 353 of 400mb right now) I don't have the points for cover art right now, want to make sure I can get the playback working before I drop the $.

Even after the log indicated that the database build was finished the HD200 UI was indicating that there was still a database build in progress. A power off / on of the HD200 cleared that issue.

Selected movie and the dialog says...

Wait, it works??? Okay, I am wondering if the JVM heap errors were the result of the plugin kicking out before the database was properly updated. Did you by chance improve error handling or cleanup with this release???

At any rate Plucky, freaking awesome!

Thank you for an outstanding interface!!! Now to go spend $20 for the MyMovies points.

-Ben

Last edited by batwater; 08-24-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:01 AM
SageTVaholic

It definately doesn't take that long to rebuild that database. It could if you are downloading fanart on a slow slow connection. Are you sure it was building that long? The log will continue to grow as it auto updates on new import scans if that is what you were basing it off.

Either way glad you got it to work.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

I was unable to use the MyMovies plugin for the period of time I identified. It might be that the server is a bit slow, originally speced it out just for WHS had not planned on the SageTV overhead. My internet connection is 60mb inbound so that is definitely not the issue.

Is is possible the I/O for 887 entries with the MyMovies servers getting rejected each time because I did not initially have enough points be the cause? It's academic at this point, I'm ecstatic that it is working and my wife loves it!

Plucky, this is for you...

Pet Penguin Goes Shopping

Thanks again!
-Ben