SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Question Slight stutter after installing latest Beta

Is anyone else seeing a slight stutter in the video and in music playback on the latest v7.0.14? I was previously running either 7.0.12 or .13 without noticing any issues, On Sunday i did the cardinal sin while upgrading of doing 3 things at once ... I installed the latest Play-on update, a Java update and v7.0.14. i should know better

Now i am experiencing annoying frame drops/stuttering in playback. Strangely enough i also hear problems with music playback almost akin to a record jumping (for those of you old enough to remember pre CD technology) which makes me think this is not just a CPU load thing.

Is anyone else having the same problem? Does anyone know if the latest updates changed any of the decoders or filters that might be contributing? I am going to step back to the previous install at the weekend which should at least confirm if it is Sage or one of the other changes. But if its more than just me it probably merits a bug report.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

My wife reported minor stuttering while watching TV on an HD100 after I installed 7.0.14 and the Java update. I haven't seen it myself and it is possible a reboot of the server has cured it.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

I spoke too soon; we are not only seeing some minor stuttering from time to time, but we are also getting the complete video freezes mentioned in another recent thread. Neither happened at 7.0.12, I never installed 7.0.13.

I think perhaps we should move any further discussion to the "freeze" thread, or ask for the two to be merged?