SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 08-05-2010, 03:11 AM
Sage Expert

Accessing USB-UIRT from service and client

So, Jon was kind enough to provide a beta driver that allows this to happen. I have had it installed for about 12 hours and it has been working fine.

He said "it has some pretty extensive changes (a lot that involve security permissions and restrictions that came along since Vista) so I may not put it in a standard release for a while but make it available for those that ask." so I'm attaching the updated dll here.

Installation instructions:
Code:
You will need to copy this overtop the version you have installed on your system.
Note that you will likely find the driver in two places on your system:

C:\windows\system32\uuirtdrv.dll
And
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\uuirtdrv.dll

Note also that you will need to temporarily STOP the SageTV service before you
will be able to replace these files, or they will be 'in use' by the system.
Remember, this is a beta driver so all caveats that go with beta software apply and if you have any problems with it give us all a heads up and I'm sure Jon would be interested in the problem and how to reproduce it
Attached Files
File Type: zip uuirtdrv.zip (90.1 KB, 573 views)
Old 08-05-2010, 12:39 PM
Sage User

Where can I find a API definition for the new driver?

Thx,

Dean
2 Laptop Clients, 2 PlaceShifters
Old 08-05-2010, 07:26 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanONH View Post
Where can I find a API definition for the new driver?

Thx,

Dean
Not sure about API definitions, I posted all the info Jon sent me.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:52 AM

The beta driver above has been working for well over a year; just wanted to note that if you plug in the USB-UIRT into a different USB port, the OLD driver might automatically overwrite the beta driver (win7 x64 copies the default driver in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\ftdibus.inf_amd64_xxx). Just copy the driver again, and make sure that if you're on win64 you copy the beta driver to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 as well as the 32-bit path. Also, using a dedicated USB PCI card for the USB-UIRT eliminated all issues where it would intermittently disconnect (I have 2 HD-PVRs which may have been related to the disconnections).