SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 08-04-2010, 06:23 AM
Sage User

Does Sage7 delete things differently?

My wife likes Sage because when she cannot sleep she can watch MASH until she falls asleep. She likes Sage7 because she can just tell it to play all of the episodes one after another.

However, she swears that there has been a change in how things get deleted. I have confirmed that MASH is set to "Keep at Most - All" and that "Autodelete is No". But Sage does keep deleting episodes after she watches them (or they run while she is asleep).

What we want to be able to do is to set MASH, regardless of whether it is watched or unwatched, to never delete at all unless she deletes it. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks

Miles
Sage Server = HP Pavilion M9250f w/ WHS, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 (K) (2.66GHz), 4GB DDR2 800, ,2 x 500GB SATA 3G 7200RPM (in share), 1 x 1TB WD Green 3G (not in share). 2xHD-PVR hooked up via USB TV Translators recording from 2 DirecTV HD. 2 SageTV HD-100s hooked up via Cat 6 network. SageTV 7.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:06 AM
Administrator

Highlight a recording & use the Favorite command (or select - > Record Options -> Adjust Favorite Options) to double check the Favorite that the recording falls under too see if it is different & is set to auto-delete.

Alternatively, is the recordings view filtered to not include Watched shows?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:59 AM
Sage Expert

In other words, no, SageTV 7 has not changed the way it deals with auto-delete from a user preference point of view.

It definitely sounds like the episodes are simply being hidden from view if the preferences are in fact set correctly.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:02 AM
Sage User

Autodelete is definitely off. We can see the watched shows, but the problem is that they are being deleted to make room for new recordings.

Another option I guess would be for the deletion order in Sage to be 1 watched suggestions, 2 unwatched suggestions, 3 watched favorites, and then 4 unwatched favorites.
Sage Server = HP Pavilion M9250f w/ WHS, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 (K) (2.66GHz), 4GB DDR2 800, ,2 x 500GB SATA 3G 7200RPM (in share), 1 x 1TB WD Green 3G (not in share). 2xHD-PVR hooked up via USB TV Translators recording from 2 DirecTV HD. 2 SageTV HD-100s hooked up via Cat 6 network. SageTV 7.

Last edited by dislecksea; 08-04-2010 at 10:06 AM.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:11 AM
Sage Expert

Are you out of drive space on your recording drives?

I don't know what the deletion order is in Sage, but as far as I was aware, favorites that are set to NOT delete will never be deleted, even if you are out of drive space.

Check your drive from Explorer for the missing episodes to see if they're still present in the filesystem,
Old 08-04-2010, 11:03 AM
Sage User

So it sounds like a sorting issue (filtering is off). I have intelligent sorting on but that seems to necessitate that watched shows are moved to the bottom of the recordings list. Is that adjustable?
Old 08-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Sage Expert

Turn off "intelligent" filtering - I find anything but reverse chronological super-annoying.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Sage Expert

I have actually similar question. I have 500GB recording drive and I do run out of space from time to time. What I am finding annoying is that Sage v7 seems to delete shows that I have partially watched but havent finished.

E.g. I made a recording using the favorite options (world cup games). Then I removed it from favorites (world cup was over). I watched a game partially but didnt get to finish it. Coming back next day, the recording was deleted for lack of space.

Is there a way to set global policy that recording that were partially watched will not be deleted automatically? Based on manual it seems I could manually set them to archived, but I am talking about situation when the viewing is interrupted without time to set this flag?

TV: Samsung UN46D8000
Server: Intel Core i3 540, 4G RAM, Matrox G450, 70GB EXT3 encrypted software RAID1 system drive, 1TB XFS tv recording drive, 2TB EXT3 encrypted data drive mirror across 2 machines, 2TB EXT3 encrypted media drive mirror across 2 machines, CentOS 6 64 bit, Experimenting with DNLA servers
1Gb wired network
Disconnected after G day[HD 100 Media Extender, Placeshifter 7.x, SageTV 7.x, HDHomeRun]
Old 08-05-2010, 08:45 AM
Sage Expert

IMO, you've found a design limitation in Sage. By removing the favorite you've now changed those recordings to essentially an "undefined" state. Normally recordings will be one of three types unless you do something to change them, such as apply the archive flag: manual, favorite or intelligent. Ok, I suppose there's a fourth if you ant to include "live" content.

When the recordings were favorites they may have been protected against automatic deletion, depending on how you set your favorite preference. Once the favorite definition is gone, their fair-game and may as well be intelligent (automatic) recordings.

While a preference to not delete partially watched shows would save you from the issue you've described, any unwatched shows (the next match for instance) would not be saved. That would be pretty annoying.

I think a better option would be to offer to mark all recordings associated with that favorite as manual when you delete the favorite. This question would only be asked when there are existing recordings for the favorite.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedMelon View Post
I think a better option would be to offer to mark all recordings associated with that favorite as manual when you delete the favorite. This question would only be asked when there are existing recordings for the favorite.
I seem to recall that as an option in the past, perhaps as part of SageMC?

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.