SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 07-31-2010, 06:13 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I had no sharing problems the first time i set it up, I didn't have to tweak any shares, and I don't share any user names across systems. It works out of the box just fine, as long as you don't have some 3rd party firewall or security suite getting in the way.
Same here, no problems sharing and do not share user names. It worked without issue for me.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:59 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I had no sharing problems the first time i set it up, I didn't have to tweak any shares, and I don't share any user names across systems. It works out of the box just fine, as long as you don't have some 3rd party firewall or security suite getting in the way.
Hmm... maybe it was because I was going between Windows XP Pro and Windows 7 Pro? Either way, it wasn't working period until I unchecked "Use Simple File Sharing" and then also manually added "Everyone" to the share folder permissions and gave read/write access to "Everyone". My Firewall was off and my ZoneAlarm is set to ignore everything between the home networked computers.

What is really odd is that when I was trying to setup the server on the Windows 7 computer, I couldn't add "Everyone" to the permissions setting... the window came up to do it but it was greyed out! It was nuts. It may also be because I'm not using a Home Group on Windows 7. I only have one Windows 7 computer and I have to run static IPs on all my computers because of this special high speed router/modem that Brighthouse supplied with their Lightning service... they block many of the configuration items in the router and the only way for me to get around this was to use static IPs. Long story but it was a pain and that may another contributor as to why I was having "extra" issues
Old 07-31-2010, 08:15 PM
Sage Icon

All remote users authenticate as Guest when Simple File Sharing is turned on.

The MyMovies share requires a user account.

S
Old 08-02-2010, 09:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
That control panel and setting has been there since winxp, the panel itself is just always hidden (except on server OS's). That's why you have to run it from the RUN prompt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonard View Post
All remote users authenticate as Guest when Simple File Sharing is turned on.

The MyMovies share requires a user account.

S
Exactly. The normal configuration for directory permissions on my servers does not allow one user to read and write another user's stuff. I don't the kids being able to delete the whole video library by accident...

That said, now I know what it is going on, it's easy to deal with. Moving the metadata share to a public volume would fix this easily...
Old 08-02-2010, 10:43 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonard View Post
Make sure Simple File Sharing is off on both computers. That's what did the trick for me. That and creating identical local accounts on both computers.

S

I was having the same problem and this fixed it! Thanks!