SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 06-29-2010, 03:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

XMLTV Lineup not appearing against SageTV Video Source

Hi Folks,

have successfully processed Digiguide data via XMLGUI into a format that XMLTV Importer for SageTV can use.

I have run XMLTV Importer (non-donator version at this point) and this successfully importer all channels (1 warning on a category).

When I go into SageTV 7 to readd the video source (HD Homerun), and following entering a zip code of 0000 (against the cable/satelitte option), I get NO XMLTV Lineup option showing.

I have stopped SAGETV and performed this process 3 times without success.

My question is; how do I determine what is going wrong?

I have checked the XML Importer log which looks fine to me.

Thanks

Clients: 3 HD300s, 2 HD200s, 1 PS3
Old 06-29-2010, 06:14 PM
Sage User

I'm getting exactly the same thing....I am setting up a new SageTV server as I wanted to move everything across to WHS and update from an old coy of SageTV. I'm running latest v7 beta on this install.

When I first installed the server I got the lineup to show OK, but then I started to add additional tuners and mess with the channels using the .frq file - since then I can't get it to show the XMLTV lineup - it just shows a bunch of US or Canadian Cities. I have deleted all the properties file, wiz.bin, even deleted the entire install and reinstalled SageTV. The only thing I haven't done is a clean install of WHS!

I'm tearing my hair out - reminds me of when I set SageTV up 2 years ago on my first server and didn't dare touch it again - now I remember why.

I guess the question is: How does Stephane's importer tell SageTV that an XMLTV lineup is available, then how to force SageTV to provide it as an option?

Any help would be much appreciated - once again I've wasted countless hours trying to get SageTV configured....
Old 06-29-2010, 06:40 PM
Sage User

Doh! I figured it out - I had reinstalled SageTV server, so it had lost its link to Stephane's importer - emotionnotion, try reinstalling the importer - it worked for me...

Now to try and get the tuners working with my channel list....
Old 06-30-2010, 01:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

I can try that but this is a new install and I installed Stephanes importer after SageTv.

I may have followed OLD instructions?

I used Sisko's instructions and created an XMLTV folder in the sagetv program folder and then compied the java files and classes into this folder. I then edited the sage.properties file 'epg-data' variable to point to the new xmltv object.

Although I have.a data.xml file in my XMLGUI folder, and despite a clean import in SageTV importer (checked logs) it does not seem to write the epg-data.xml file to the sagetv program folder.

Maybe I am missing something here?

Old 06-30-2010, 11:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

Fixed it!

Was an old XMLTV folder I had copied over.

Removed this. Uninstalled and reinstalled XMLTV Importer and Voila!