SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:21 AM
Sage Icon

V7 Plugin Statistics - A question from my wife...

Lately I have been working on a rather large set of hi res channel Logos lately for Canada and all the different providers in major markets up here with the goal that anyone in Canada should be able to install the logos and not have to go through a major renaming excercise, they will just show up in the guide etc...

Since I have spent a considerable amount of time working on this and not doing the dishes etc... my wife ask's me the other day "So how many people in Canada actually use SageTV and will use these logos?" we looked at each other for a moment and I had this horrible feeling that there's me and 6 other guys in Canada that might use it... I really have no idea. In V6 you could sort of see the number of downloads in the download/images section of this forum so at least you had some idea. ( I see my post in the download section has 7 downloads, and I think one of them was me testing it...)

That being said, is there a way to see or get statistics on Plugins in the reposity in V7? I have poked around but there doesn't seem to be anything jumping out at me.

Regardless of the number of people who will use the channel logos and the dispite all the dirty looks from my wife I am still going to complete my mini project.

Thanks,

Jeremy
Old 06-23-2010, 11:43 AM
Sage Icon

Sorry don't live in Canada but your post/realization made me laugh. It's got to be more than 6, I hate it when the wife puts one over on me.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:51 AM
SageTVaholic

I do live in Canada... but I haven't actually used your logo pack yet

You could host your downloads on a google code server, or some other server, that will track the # of downloads. There is no requirement that Sage7 plugins have to be hosted on Sage's download server.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Not to worry. I believe there's lots of Canadian Sage users out there. I know at least 7 (including myself) and I will certainly be downloading your logo pack when finshed. Back in the day when SageTV did not have Canadian EPG listings and I wrote a plugin to import Canadian EPG data it garnered a fair amount of interest. Thus I believe there's a lot of us out there in the woodwork.

Cheers
Lester
English Proverb. Collected in: George Herbert, Jacula Prudentum (1651).
Old 06-23-2010, 12:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am a SageTV user living in Paris, Ontario - near Brantford.
I have a set of channel logos that I too created for Rogers Cable in my area that I would be willing to share with anyone that has a need!
SERVER: Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz - UnRaid Server 6.8.0/DVB LibreELEC with Docker stuckless-sagetv-server-java9 MOTHERBOARD: ASRock-Z77 Extreme4 / 32GB RAM CACHE DRIVE: SSD 1TB ARRAY: 24TB/7 DRIVES PARITY: 8TB
EXTERNAL DEVICES: 4x HD-PVR's Firewire Channel Changing
TUNERS:NO LONGER RECORDING LIVETV
CLIENTS: 2xHD300 2xHD200 SONY ANDROIDTV MINI-CLIENT
Old 06-24-2010, 12:48 PM
Sage Icon

Would it be possible to add some sort of statisticts to the plugin area when displaying the plugin details?

"Installations: xxx" Etc...

I guess it depends on how much talk there is between the PC and the plugin server as clicking install may just link to the hosted file. I'm not a programmer, can you tell ;o)

I'll look into changing to an online file host that provides stats. Any suggestions I am currently using a free dropbox account.

Thanks.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:07 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
I'll look into changing to an online file host that provides stats. Any suggestions
http://code.google.com/
Check out TVExplorer
Old 06-25-2010, 07:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

You just need to tell her you are doing all this for her.... That will make it all the better! It always works for me!?!

While I don't live in Canada, there is no doubt there is a good number using sage in some fashion. Forum users or not.

Thanks for contributing!!
Old 06-25-2010, 08:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm not in Canada, but if it helps I'd be happy to download your logo pack to get your numbers up!

Eric
Old 06-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks guys, Google Code looks like it will do the trick. This has been a little like a support group for Sagetv addicts, I feel sorry for the guys working on Ortus and Phoenix they must be living in the garage by now...

Cheers,

Jeremy