SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 06-10-2010, 03:54 PM
Sage User

Force Channel Change Feature Request.

Ok, I check the version .10 notes and didn't see this, so I am requesting it.
I have 2 users that want to be able to do the following, and I do as well.

1st.

1 HTPC with 3 tuners.
3 HD200's

The system is recording on 2 out 3 tuners, one is free.
Start watching live TV in living room on free tuner.
I go into kitchen and want to watch Live TV there, and I can.
I want to change channel. I can't, as I get the error message all tuners are in use.
I would like to see a dialog pop up that asks if I want to override and change the channel for the free tuner I am watching live tv on.

2nd.
A working send to extender setup. I have tried the send to extender plugin and it's not working. Would be nice to name each extender base on mac address or some unique ID.

I apologize if these 2 have been addressed already as I did not see them listed.

BTW. I have 3 QAM tuners 950Q's and I love not having to miss my shows. Better than Tivo in most respects.

Last edited by tierpath; 06-10-2010 at 03:57 PM. Reason: add comment
Old 06-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Sage Icon

Sounds like you need more tuners
Old 06-10-2010, 06:44 PM
Sage User

I should have added that more tuners are not and option, especially since one setup has 12 tv's, in 12 different rooms. Walking back and forth up and down stairs does not work.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tierpath View Post
I should have added that more tuners are not and option, especially since one setup has 12 tv's, in 12 different rooms. Walking back and forth up and down stairs does not work.
How about less TV's

Intel Xeon L? 32Gb
CetonTV cable card /FIOS
Old 06-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Sage User

Less tv's are not and option, lol.
Sage Guys, can you give me and answer?
Old 06-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Sage Icon

If someone has money for 12 TVs - and a residence or facility large enough to use 12 TVs - then they have enough money for more tuners.
SageTV server & client: Win 10 Pro x64, Intel DH67CF, Core i5 2405s, 8 GB ram, Intel HD 3000, 40GB SSD system, 4TB storage, 2x HD PVR component + optical audio, USB-UIRT 2 zones + remote hack, Logitech Harmony One, HDMI output to Sony receiver with native Intel bitstreaming
Old 06-12-2010, 06:45 PM
Sage User

That maybe so, or they could be really old tv's. In any case they don't want get more. And it's not as difficult by far like say the feature request of playing encrypted blue-ray discs without using a program like PowerDVD.

Either way. Sage, can you give me feedback?

Also if you want them to have more tuners, then please buy them for them and me, we would gladly accept some free tuners.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Sage Icon

This is a user forum. If you specific requests/complaints then you'll need to contact them. The folks at Sage are not necessarily going to read your pleas in this forum.

Email them. Still the easiest solution to your problems right now is to add more tuners. Like it or not.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
Still the easiest solution to your problems right now is to add more tuners.
Or learn to hit Stop before leaving the room, so you're not tying up tuners to feed TVs that nobody's watching.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick View Post
Or learn to hit Stop before leaving the room, so you're not tying up tuners to feed TVs that nobody's watching.
Yeah, but who wants to remember to do that 3 tuners is very slim to run 3 HD200's. There will be conflicts aplenty the moment any favorites are added to the mix with having the option to watch any non pre-recorded content.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:06 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick View Post
Now that I think about it, I don't even really like the premise. What if there is a genuine person watching when this happens? They keep getting bothered with pop-up messages?

"Another user is requesting to use your tuner to watch. Please respond within x seconds or your LiveTV session will be terminated."

Of course x seconds will never be enough, particularly they paused LiveTV so they can go use the restroom. And I wouldn't want to be bothered by the popup in the first place.

"All other LiveTV users denied your request."

Oh well I'll just try again until someone gets fed up with the popups..
SageTV server & client: Win 10 Pro x64, Intel DH67CF, Core i5 2405s, 8 GB ram, Intel HD 3000, 40GB SSD system, 4TB storage, 2x HD PVR component + optical audio, USB-UIRT 2 zones + remote hack, Logitech Harmony One, HDMI output to Sony receiver with native Intel bitstreaming
Old 06-13-2010, 09:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tierpath View Post
I'm confused, what does getting more tuners have to do with "walking back and forth up and down stairs"?

FWIW, the "simple" answer to having tuners sucked up by live TV is to have universal remotes that are setup to turn off/sleep the extender when you turn off the TV.