SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Sage Fanatic

Suggestion: Plugin menu wording... upgrade & update

Not exactly sure the reason but the wording goes back and forth between upgrade and update. On the plugins page if an update is available there is wording like "Update Available" (not sure exactly because I updated and the wording went away LOL) but then when you select that plugin the option for updating it is "Upgrade plugin"??? This seems odd to me and it would seem more appropriate/professional to keep the wording the same.

Maybe it's just because of where I'm from but "upgrade" sounds weird and "update" seems to be a better term to use here. Either way, I think the wording should be consistent.

I love the new plugin system so not trying to be overly critical... just shouting out a suggestion
Old 06-06-2010, 04:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

My take on the situation is that Sage is notifying you that there is an "Update Available" to the plugin you already have installed. Essentially updating you with this information. When you actually select the update, you are given the option to "Upgrade" the plugin. Upgrading the plugin is the physical act of downloading the update and applying it to the system.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:43 PM
Sage Icon

what I would find more useful is a distinction of "Installed." I can see on a SageTVClient the status of "Installed" in the list, but sometimes that means it's installed on the server and not the client. It should distinguish where without having to click on the item in the list.
Client: HD300, Asus Pundit P1-AH1, AMD 3800+ X2 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 6150 graphics, ArcSoft decoders
Backup: Synology
SageTV version: FINAL
Old 06-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khristopher View Post
My take on the situation is that Sage is notifying you that there is an "Update Available" to the plugin you already have installed. Essentially updating you with this information. When you actually select the update, you are given the option to "Upgrade" the plugin. Upgrading the plugin is the physical act of downloading the update and applying it to the system.
Yeah, I suppose that is one way to look at. I just view them as a little different... I'm used to hearing stuff like "I just updated my software" but if changing hardware that is normally where upgrade would be used... "I just upgraded my hard drive". I'm just used to seeing similar nomenclature used in software... even if both were "upgrade". Not a big deal at all... just thought I'd throw that out there while this was still in beta