SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Upgrade fee

I don't quite understand the pricing schedule. Does it mean that since I have a Ver 6 license, a placeshifter and a client license, I must pay $39.99 to try the Ver. 7 beta? No trial? What if I hate it? Or do I get 21 days like a new user?
I'm confused.....

Rob
Old 05-20-2010, 09:43 PM
Sage Icon

You get 21 days to try it out, just like a new user. But be warned, there really is no way to revert back to v6 once that period is up. Of course you should back up your Sage program file folder and could use the backup to revert, but it would be 21 days (or so) out of date by that time.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 05-20-2010, 09:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

OK, I'm dying to try it but the wording on the upgrade should be changed -

"5. There is a 21 day free trial of SageTV Media Center on Windows for those who do not fall into the above categories or who are new users of SageTV"

I don't fall into one of the 4 catagories above this statement, so I thought I would have to purchase an upgrade license before I could install V7 beta.

Yes, I have an image backup of the Sage 6 install folder, so I can always go back - but I hope I don't have to!

Thanks-
Rob

PS- This is the line that is misleading:
The reason we require upgrade licenses during the beta period is that we do not want to have to put an expiration date in the software to ensure users who are required to pay the upgrade fee end up paying it. The expiration date would mean some users would be forced to install a new version even if they are happy with the beta version and don't want to change it.

Last edited by robk; 05-20-2010 at 09:55 PM.