SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 04-21-2004, 07:19 PM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to chadwolcott Send a message via AIM to chadwolcott Send a message via MSN to chadwolcott Send a message via Yahoo to chadwolcott
Sage Recordings not updating

Has anyone seen this problem. I have sage set up to record Passions for my wife every day, she then watches it and deletes it. The next night when she goes to watch that day's the previous day's recording is there in italics and today's doesn't show up until I shutdown sage and restart.

Am I doing something wrong?
Old 04-22-2004, 06:12 AM

Submit it as a bug. Have not seen it but don't want to either .
Old 04-22-2004, 07:04 AM
Sage Fanatic

2 birds one stone here, hopefully

i have a huge problem with sage recordings when i update from one version to the next. the updated version will indicate all of my existing recordings and categorize them as necessary but all new recordings will fail to be shown on the sage recordings screen.

my simple workaorund fot this is one of 3 things:

1) before setting up any new recordings move all existing shows to archived recordings in sage

2) if the existing recordings aren't important and have been watched then delete them

3) move the existing recordings to a seperate directory, select new shows to record then move the exisitng recordings back to their original location

the other problem i get if i don't perofrm any one of those tasks is that all shows i watch/skip through get retained in the sage folder and don't get released on shutdown or sleep so the HDD fills up really quickly.

now onto my other question...chad, any chance you could give some tips on your xlobby implementation of sage? i must say thats it's extremely nicely done!

i was trying to download your skin from steven's site last night but the link wasn't enabled. it's exactly what i've been looking to achieve though and i hadn't realized that xlobby had come so far recently. i even have a hankering to go get a pda as well now

thanks, nick.
Old 04-22-2004, 07:12 AM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to chadwolcott Send a message via AIM to chadwolcott Send a message via MSN to chadwolcott Send a message via Yahoo to chadwolcott
I am not sure that your workarounds will work for me since the problem isn't quite the same...but I'll give em a shot. As for xlobby and my skin...I haven't released the new version of my skin yet for the new xlobby 40.x releases. There have been some big changes in the way xlobby is configured that greatly increases it's functionality. I hope to get one out soon. As for my implementation of sagetv in it...it's still pretty rudimentary all communications are sent via sendmessage commands from the xlobby client on my PPC. If studio ever comes out I'll be working on a more seemless "integration". Right now I am really just manipulating the sage application.
Old 04-22-2004, 07:29 AM
Sage Fanatic

either way it's still the best integration (and functionality) i've seen thus far.

i have the majority of my dvd's recompressed to xvid, could i still use dvd profiler to tag those xvid's?

it's really the last piece of the puzzle for me now. i have sage and zoom player purring along quite nicely especially with the nvdvd 3.0 codecs. autoGK is doing a fantastic job of backing up my dvd's on max quality with still very acceptable file sizes and all my music is fully tagged (with cover art to boot) courtesy of music match JB 8.2

i really hope that studio can provide similar sorting functionality to that of xlobby but i really prefer to be able to use zoom player for dvd playback and it would be nice to have some of the sound enhancements that winamp can provide.....maybe studio will allow plugins?
Old 04-22-2004, 01:08 PM
Sage User

I have the same problem.

Restarting sage 'refreshes' the list, but toggling the grouping sometime (most of the times) does the trick as well.

It's rather annoying because with new recordings your unaware of these new ones and until you start missing them and toggle the views you don't get to see them.

Other than that I think RC1 is a great step forward!
Old 04-22-2004, 03:50 PM
Sage Expert

I had this problem with 2.0.15. See http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...&threadid=4537
Old 04-22-2004, 03:52 PM

Just got home and had this problem too for the first time .