SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Sage Icon

Question Doctor Who favorite not on schedule

Doctor Who new season starts next week on Sat 17th, yet it is not on the recording schedule. It is a very high priority favorite, and as far as I can see the favorite is setup correctly.

Notice the schedule: 10000BC is a manual recording, Best Ranger is a title favorite, and HD Videos is a regular favorite. Why is Doctor Who not on the schedule? There is nothing else scheduled for that day.

SageTV server & client: Win 10 Pro x64, Intel DH67CF, Core i5 2405s, 8 GB ram, Intel HD 3000, 40GB SSD system, 4TB storage, 2x HD PVR component + optical audio, USB-UIRT 2 zones + remote hack, Logitech Harmony One, HDMI output to Sony receiver with native Intel bitstreaming
Old 04-10-2010, 10:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by korben_dallas View Post
...and as far as I can see the favorite is setup correctly.
You can test this by going to the Favorite Details screen and clicking the Airings button. If no airings are found, then you don't have it set up correctly.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:38 PM
Sage Icon

Showing up in the Airings. Man I hope this is just SageTV being quirky..
SageTV server & client: Win 10 Pro x64, Intel DH67CF, Core i5 2405s, 8 GB ram, Intel HD 3000, 40GB SSD system, 4TB storage, 2x HD PVR component + optical audio, USB-UIRT 2 zones + remote hack, Logitech Harmony One, HDMI output to Sony receiver with native Intel bitstreaming
Old 04-10-2010, 11:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Next step is to consult the FAQ.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:58 AM
SageTVaholic

By default Sage only shows favorites that are scheduled for the next 3 days. Dr. Who doesn't air for another week so I wouldn't expect to see it listed in the upcoming recordings yet.

Best Ranger 2006 - Episode 1 is a favorite and too far in the future to normally show up in the upcoming recordings. So my guesses are either:

1 - You changed the look ahead in Sage to exceed 3 days. In this case I don't know why Dr. Who isn't showing up.

2 - Best Ranger 2006 - Episode 1 was scheduled to record on 4/13 probably at 10:00 a.m. and was bumped by the manual recording of 10,000 BC. Sage rescheduled it for the time you see in the upcoming recordings schedule. If this is the case then that's why you're seeing a favorite that exceeds the default 3 day look ahead. Also after the scheduled recording time passes on 4/13 the episode scheduled for 4/21 will be removed from the scheduled recordings and will return when it's within the 3 day look ahead window.

Last edited by blade; 04-11-2010 at 07:01 AM.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade View Post
2 - Best Ranger 2006 - Episode 1 was scheduled to record on 4/13 probably at 10:00 a.m. and was bumped by the manual recording of 10,000 BC. Sage rescheduled it for the time you see in the upcoming recordings schedule. If this is the case then that's why you're seeing a favorite that exceeds the default 3 day look ahead. Also after the scheduled recording time passes on 4/13 the episode scheduled for 4/21 will be removed from the scheduled recordings and will return when it's within the 3 day look ahead window.
Makes sense. Though it seems the "3 day" rule is not truly accurate if things are showing up more than a week out.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:40 PM
Sage Icon

I'm pretty sure the 3 day rule only applies to favorites. Manual recordings seem to go out a little longer.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Administrator

This is all in the FAQ link GKusnick posted above (and in the PDF manual) -- the scheduler can go further out than the lookahead when there is a conflict to be resolved. And, the scheduler's lookahead does not apply to Manual Recordings because they are under user control, not the automatic scheduler.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by korben_dallas View Post
Makes sense. Though it seems the "3 day" rule is not truly accurate if things are showing up more than a week out.
The 3 day look ahead applies to favorites. Manual recordings will always show up regardless of how far in advance they are scheduled. At least I've never scheduled one far enough out that it didn't show up in the upcoming recordings.

As I said before, I think the one favorite is outside the 3 day period because it was bumped by a manual recording. I don't think Sage is just randomly including some recordings outside the 3 day period. Based on the screen shots you've posted everything in the upcoming recordings is what I would expect to see.

Edit: Oops stepped away from the computer while typing this post and Opus reply.

Last edited by blade; 04-11-2010 at 08:57 PM.