SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > The SageTV Community
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

The SageTV Community Here's the place to discuss what's worth recording, HTPC deals at retail stores, events happening outside of your home theater, and pretty much anything else you'd like. (No For-Sale posts)

Old 03-13-2006, 06:32 PM
Administrator

Doctor Who coming up on SciFi - 3/17/06

For anyone in the US who is a Doctor Who fan, I noticed a few days ago that the the EPG data finally has Doctor Who in the SciFi lineup, starting this Friday (March 17).

I haven't seen any of those shows since my local PBS stations stopped playing them several years ago. I'm hoping this new series is good... especially since Stargate is now in repeats for a few months again.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:59 PM
Sage Expert

I have seen these episodes, and the new Doctor is great! The show was very enjoyable. Even my wife, who is not a Doctor Who fan in any way, enjoyed the shows...

Be sure to watch, it'll be great!!!
Old 03-13-2006, 07:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Already got it set to record. I never watched the BBC version but was impressed with the previews on Scifi. Looks pretty good. Hope it won't let us down.
SageTV 4.1 / JVC Analog TV 27"/ 2.93G speed Computer/ 512mb Ram/ Pvr-150 / 45 Hauppage remote / Verto GeForce FX 5500 128mb svideo out/ Dishnetwork 501 box/VideoRedo Plus/ShowAnalyzer/DVDStyler Free Mpeg to Dvd recorder
Old 03-13-2006, 08:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

THANKS for the reminder... I saw the ad on sci fi a couple of weeks ago and was going to schedule it. Well guide did not go out far enough so I did not do it. Off to do the scheduling now.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:09 PM
Sage Icon

Wouldn't it be slick if you could just add a link in the post that would create a Sage Favorite for the show? I have forgot twice now to set the favorite after seeing it mentioned or from the commercial. It's set now though, thanks for the reminder.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:13 PM
Administrator

BTW: you can set a title-only keyword favorite for shows that aren't yet in the EPG ... but I knew I wouldn't forget about this one, so I waited until I saw it listed.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonard
after seeing it mentioned or from the commercial.
Oh yeah... I guess some commercials aren't too bad. I'm not sure, but I think I originally noticed it when I accidentally saw part of an ad while watching Stargate.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
BTW: you can set a title-only keyword favorite for shows that aren't yet in the EPG ...
I thought this was possible, but just did not know how to do it. How close does the title on the favorite set-up this way have to be to the real title?
Old 03-15-2006, 09:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike5884
How close does the title on the favorite set-up this way have to be to the real title?
Well, it can't be misspelled.

The rules for keyword favorites start on p. 66 in the v4.1 PDF manual. (Favorites Manager section) All keyword favs follow those rules -- if you know the exact title, use that; otherwise, you just have to use something descriptive enough to catch the show you want. You can always add a 'normal' title based fav once the show starts airing & then remove the keyword one.

- Andy
Old 03-16-2006, 08:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
in the v4.1 PDF manual.
Should have known it was in that wonderful manual! Guess it is time for me to print it off again and go thru it. I did that went it was first released, but have not gone back to it.

Andy,
You really need to come up with some cool way of saying RTFM.
Maybe someone can create a smiley for ya.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Ok, just got back from looking over that section of the manual. I must have missed the keyword favorite on my first read thru the manual long ago. FYI. Spelling mistake on page 67, in the paragraph on the All Fields type of keyward favorite. Very end of the first line. Do I win a prize?

Last edited by spike5884; 03-16-2006 at 08:20 PM.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike5884
Guess it is time for me to print it off again
No... then you lose all those cross reference links!

Quote:
Spelling mistake on page 67, in the paragraph on the All Fields type of keyward favorite. Very end of the first line. Do I win a prize?
Thanks for the info... and the prize I've given out in the past is permission to download another copy of the PDF file for no extra fee!

Edit: PS - those bunny slippers almost look real!

- Andy
Old 03-17-2006, 06:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Edit: PS - those bunny slippers almost look real! - Andy
If I wouldn't have had to cut the photo down, You would see that they are laying right in front of the TV. I tell them not to move their ears because they mess up the reception. Most time they just don't listen