SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:29 PM
Sage User

Can anyone help me getting my hd200 to network to all of my tvs?? I have the hd200 conected to my desktop thru a 2 wire modem (at&t uverse)

Can anyone tell me how to do this. I have the hd200 connected to my desktop thru a 2wire modem (at&t uverse).

Thanks
Old 03-15-2010, 12:26 AM
Sage User

Hi Dave,

I don't have ATT Uverse so I don't know what the modem is like they give you. Did a quick search, does your modem look something like this?

If so, it looks like you just need to run a cat5 from your HD200 into that modem. And then run a cat5 from that modem to your computer/server. At that point the HD200 and the computer would be able to talk to each other.

Then you would need to run the video cables from your HD200 to your TV, so you can see the video output on your TV.

I'm not sure if that is what you were asking. I don't understand what you mean by networking your HD200 to ALL of your TVs. Typically it's one HD200 per TV.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:28 AM
Sage User

Found this out, about the cable box pic I posted above.

Quote:
Coaxial Cable Out: This is where the technician will connect the gateway to the existing cable lines in your house if that's how they choose to wire your TV receivers. The device uses "HPNA" technology. Don't think of your TV receivers as "cable boxes" as you would naturally think of them. They are more or less "Internet devices," that tune the IPTV streams U-Verse is built around. Instead of using video signals transmitted through the coaxial lines, this essentially turns your coaxial cables into network cables, and they connect the TV receivers to the network at the gateway.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:35 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm not clear on what you mean by "networking" to your TVs. The HD200 is a set-top playback device that connects to a single TV by composite video, S-video, component, or HDMI. It does not act as a network media server or recording device. For media playback on the HD200 you need a PC file server containing your media files. For TV recording you need a PC with one or more TV tuners running SageTV Media Center software. For playback on multiple TVs, you need an HD200 or PC client at each TV.

Maybe you can describe your setup and what you want to accomplish with it in a bit more detail, so that we can give more specific advice on how to accomplish it.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:12 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehop47 View Post
Can anyone help me getting my hd200 to network to all of my tvs?? I have the hd200 conected to my desktop thru a 2 wire modem (at&t uverse)

Can anyone tell me how to do this. I have the hd200 connected to my desktop thru a 2wire modem (at&t uverse).

Thanks
The HD200 does not run the SageTV server software.

You need to buy and install the SageTV Server software on a PC in your network.

Then you will need 1 HD200 at each of your TV, connected to the network, to access the video/audio content stored on your SageTV PC Server.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:57 AM
Sage User

Thanks everyone you answered my question 1 hd200 per tv.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Another solution, which is probably more expensive unless you have many TVs and likely not what you really wanted to do, but answers your original question more closely:

Use a ZvBox to take the component out of your HD200 and send it over coax to all TVs in the house. In effect you're creating your own in-house HDTV channel.

http://www.zeevee.com/residential

Independent HD200 at each TV gives better picture quality and choice.
ZvBox gives the ability to view the same thing on all Tvs.

Eric