SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-31-2010, 02:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

5.1 audio with an MP4 file?

My sage client pc connects to my av-amp via digit out. I am able to get Dolby Digital / DTS to pass though for a DVD using the Nvidia codec, for a HD on BBC HD using the Core AVC works good....

However, I have been converting some of the DVDs to MP4 files using DVDFab and selecting 5.1 for the audio. Yet, when I play these files back I am not getting any 5.1 getting to my amp.

Anyone know what settings I should be looking at, as I've tried messing about and I am not getting anywhere?
Old 01-31-2010, 07:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Which player are you using for Mpeg4 playback? SageTV player (i.e. mplayer) or DirectShow? You should use DirectShow (and you may have to change your properties file to always use DirectShow player, i.e. set "always_use_dshow_player" to true). This way, it should use your Nvidia audio filter and therefore send 5.1 sound to your amp. This works fine here for mkv etc.

Thomas
Old 02-01-2010, 05:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Never messed with DVDFab, but what FORMAT of 5.1 sound is it? It may be encoding it to 5.1 channel AAC, in which case, you can't stream it directly to the receiver.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room