SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
Hate to be asking for more, But is there a way to pull the file dimensions/resolution over too? It just looks like it belows in that space below the synopsis. In a mixed collection of HD and SD sometimes its nice to see.

BTW info 3 rocks.
It looks like, info3 has seperate pages for summary, details, etc. My guess is resolution and other format info will be on details.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-16-2010, 04:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hate to be asking for more, But is there a way to pull the file dimensions/resolution over too? It just looks like it belows in that space below the synopsis. In a mixed collection of HD and SD sometimes its nice to see.

BTW info 3 rocks.
That will all be there in logos and Text when finished the details tab will also show all info for the file.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Info 3 is very nice.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:08 PM
Sage Icon

I know this is been said in this thread already but can't find it. I know all the movies have to be in each folder. But what about box sets?

For example Lethal Weapon 1-4

I could create different folder for each.

Or could I create a Lethal Weapon Folder and have 4 different folders for Lethal Weapon 1, 2, 3, 4.

Or are there other options?
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 07-17-2010, 07:03 AM
Sage Fanatic

All depends on how you store it in my movies. SMM does have options to view boxed or unboxed.

MyMovies Collection Management can store individual titles, and then "Box them" in a parent title, i believe. I havent played with that functionality much.
8tb RAID5 storage/media/other &3tb RAID5 backup storage on a HighPoint RocketRaid 2680
1tb 3 disk Recording Pool
all in a beautiful Antec 1200
SageMyMovies/Comskip/PlayON/SageDCT/SRE
HD100/HD300 extenders
Old 07-17-2010, 07:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueOnda View Post
I know this is been said in this thread already but can't find it. I know all the movies have to be in each folder. But what about box sets?

For example Lethal Weapon 1-4

I could create different folder for each.

Or could I create a Lethal Weapon Folder and have 4 different folders for Lethal Weapon 1, 2, 3, 4.

Or are there other options?
As jack the ripper stated you don't need to put the under one folder just add each individually then put them in a box set. Make sure and check the box set as a placeholder and offline video. Search this thread I explained it pretty detailed some pages back.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:54 AM
Sage Fanatic

I change my vote, I like info3 now.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:41 AM
Sage Fanatic

I've done a search through this thread but really didn't find the info for my specific case. I'm trying not to look dumb here but am a bit confused as to how I need to install this (server? client? combo?) for my setup and am hoping one of you smart guys can lead me a bit. LOL

I have my normal desktop PC running Windows 7 Professional 64bit that I use for day to day tasks. I have a HTPC running Windows XP Pro where I have SageTV installed and the output of my HTPC is displayed on my TV. These computers are networked.

I want to be able to add movies and "work" the My Movies Collection Management software from my Windows 7 desktop PC and then, obviously, want to use this data for this plugin on my HTPC.

I will likely eventually install a SageTV client on my normal Windows 7 desktop PC.

Knowing the above, do I install the CM software on my desktop PC in the server & client configuration then on my HTPC install just the client? But, in rare cases I may want to add something to my CM database from my HTPC. Can this still be done if I have only the client version installed?

I just want to make sure I get this right the first time and have an understanding of it before I even install it so sorry for the pretty basic questions
Old 07-18-2010, 10:22 AM
SageTVaholic

You should install at least the server on your sagetv server. (you could install the client there too, if you want the ability to edit the database from there as well). Then just install the client on your desktop.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-18-2010, 10:26 AM
Sage Fanatic

You can manage your collection from your Win7 pc. YOu just need to make sure that EVERY pc you use to access the movies uses the exact same path (case sensitive) to the files. e.g. use UNC at all times.

So your setup will be:
1. Put each of your movies in its own folder, named to the movie name.
2. Make sure MyMovies server is installed on the machine of your choice as long as it can see the movies
3. Install the MyMovies collection management piece on the Win7 PC and manage your collection
4. Install the MyMovies collection management piece on the HTPC/XP box. It needs to be there, but you never need to use it or open it. You can use it as well to manage titles
5. Install the SMM plugin on Sage and enjoy
8tb RAID5 storage/media/other &3tb RAID5 backup storage on a HighPoint RocketRaid 2680
HD100/HD300 extenders
Old 07-18-2010, 10:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
You should install at least the server on your sagetv server. (you could install the client there too, if you want the ability to edit the database from there as well). Then just install the client on your desktop.
Actually you don't install the client and server on the same pc. You can edit the collection from the server version as well. Only exception to this is whs version.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:03 PM
Sage Fanatic

Thanks for the replies guys!

Basically, from what it sounds like based on a combination of the three replies, I think I got it I'll install the server on my desktop PC as that is where I'd like to keep the movie files and database and then a client version on my HTPC. I think that's right. LOL Thanks!
Old 07-18-2010, 01:05 PM
Sage Fanatic

yes just make sure the drive mappings are exact.

So in collection manager, if you look under the "disk" tab and it says the path to the folder is M:/movies/rad/

then you would have to have that exact path on all your computers.

Thats why we recommend UNC, so the paths are all

//win7pc/movies/rad
HD100/HD300 extenders
Old 07-18-2010, 01:47 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
yes just make sure the drive mappings are exact.

So in collection manager, if you look under the "disk" tab and it says the path to the folder is M:/movies/rad/

then you would have to have that exact path on all your computers.

Thats why we recommend UNC, so the paths are all

//win7pc/movies/rad
Gotcha! Been reading the forums a while and read about the advantage of (or problems of not!) using UNC paths so already have everything setup in Sage with that style of path and will definitely do so with the CM software too. Thanks!
Old 07-20-2010, 11:22 AM
Sage User

Quote:
You can manage your collection from your Win7 pc. YOu just need to make sure that EVERY pc you use to access the movies uses the exact same path (case sensitive) to the files. e.g. use UNC at all times.

So your setup will be:
1. Put each of your movies in its own folder, named to the movie name.
2. Make sure MyMovies server is installed on the machine of your choice as long as it can see the movies
3. Install the MyMovies collection management piece on the Win7 PC and manage your collection
4. Install the MyMovies collection management piece on the HTPC/XP box. It needs to be there, but you never need to use it or open it. You can use it as well to manage titles
5. Install the SMM plugin on Sage and enjoy
More explanation on step 5 is required.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinefer View Post
More explanation on step 5 is required.
I 2nd that motion!

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 07-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quick question. My ripped DVD's are stored as:

\\server\dvd\title1\video_ts
\\server\dvd\title2\video_ts

I have started to add them into Collection Manager by title. I type the title, search, pick from list, and click Add Online. Collection Manager then asks for the folder that the movie title is stored. Do I specify \\server\dvd\title1\video_ts or \\server\dvd\title1?

TIA,
S
Old 07-20-2010, 03:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonard View Post
\\server\dvd\title1
That one. Also, in options set the dvd folder (and any other movie folders) as a monitored folder so it automatically finds the info so you don't have to manually add each title.

Also, you can add the dvd folder the same way (import folder in the file menu) and it will find all movies in the folder.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes do folder import and let it add them all automatically then you cans fix any titles that are wrong.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Plucky,
I asked over at the MyMovies forum about point requirements for Posters and was told that there isn't one and likely won't be.
http://www.mymovies.dk/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=19427

If I want the different views (Change Cover Rows, Covers Centered View) that have point associations for Windows Media Center do I need them for the Sage implementation?

Currently I have 580 Pts so I have the 720p backgrounds, is that all I need to get the full experience within Sage's MyMovies?

~ Brian