SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-29-2009, 03:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Problems with Preview in Channel Setup for OTA

I am trying to setup a second OTA tuner on my system. I am not sure if I will be able to receive all channels in my lineup since some are marginal and may not work on this tuner - I may have to play around aiming antennas in two directions and then combining the two antenna feeds. So I am trying to use the Channel Preview function that is part of the Channel Setup under Setup Video Sources to determine what channels have a decent signal.

But I am getting some weird results. When I try to tune to a channel that I believe to marginal it will say "Channel Preview is initializing". Then it will show Signal Strength 100% and it will start playing video and audio. But the video and audio is NOT from the channel selected - it is from the previous tuned channel. In other words when Sage is having trouble tuning the selected channel it will fall back to the previously tuned channel.

Has anyone else seen this?

When this happens how do you then determine what channels you can receive on this tuner since Sage doesn't really let you specify what tuner to use? Do you delete all of those channels from other tuner(s)? Or keep the other tuner(s) busy recording other shows?

The problem is that some of these channels are also on my two HD-PVR tuners so it gets to be a major pain in the butt to be disabling channels in three different tuners and then having to remember to reinitialize.

edit - this isn't just an issue with preview - the same thing happens when trying to watch LiveTV

Last edited by wayner; 12-29-2009 at 03:50 PM.