SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 03-02-2009, 02:26 PM
Sage User

Channel setup OTA Maui HI

Aloha,
I switched from cable to Digital OTA and receive various channels but cannot get complete epg information on all the channels. There is no longer an epg setup for 96768 Kahului HI available. The favorite selection doesn't find the TV shows. I am using now Honolulu Digital Broadcast for EPG. Not satisfying. But I am lost in getting the correct setup. Any help is very much appreciated.
Tuner Hauppage HVR 950Q.
Mahalo
Old 03-02-2009, 04:29 PM
Sage Icon

This would probably work for you. I used a local Cable EPG and remapped the local stations to their cable equivalents.

I figured this out via trial and error. When I scan with the HDHR (OTA Tuner) none of the stations names match my DirecTV names so everything is already listed as a separate entry on the guide. These OTA stations only get about a days worth of the program data where I am.

Since the cable companies tend to carry EPG data on the sub channels for each station and DirecTV only seems to have the main station, I use them as my basis for the Guide. Even though I select cable I can still do and OTA scan. The OTA stations do not match anything on the Cable EPG by default but I will remap each one. I will select "Map Different Station to this Physical Channel" (Sort by channel name) Find the station that matches the real OTA station and select it. It will now have EPG data and be listed as a separate entry on the guide only tunable to the HDHR. It will update via the internet.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauifritz View Post
Aloha,
There is no longer an epg setup for 96768 Kahului HI available. The favorite selection doesn't find the TV shows.
Hey, that's my zip code!

I second the remapping suggestion. I don't use OTA broadcast, so unfortunately I can't be of very much help. You can probably get a reasonable match using the digital cable line up. Good Luck.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 04-27-2009, 10:50 PM

Quote:
I used a local Cable EPG and remapped the local stations to their cable equivalents. I figured this out via trial and error.
Any instructions or a link on how to remap for those of us who are technically challenged?

Last edited by SquareEddie; 05-03-2009 at 07:57 AM.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:34 PM
Sage User

Thanks for help

I got help from SageTv service and some trial and error did the rest. All fine now. Thank you all