SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-27-2009, 10:43 PM
Sage Icon

No H.264 ArcSoft Video Decoder selection

I am building up a replacement SageTV computer. I ran into problems with the HD-PVR.

When trying to preview a channel with the HD-PVR, I am getting the error:
"There was a Playback Error in Playback. Details: sage.PlaybackException: Error (-4.0x80040217). There was a problem rendering the video portion of the content for playback".

I checked my old SageTV computer, which does not have this problem; it is setup with "ArcSoft Video Decoder" in the "setup", "detailed setup", "Video/Audio", 'H.264 Video Decoder Filter" parameter.

The old SageTV computer has three options in the "setup", "detailed setup", "Video/Audio", 'H.264 Video Decoder Filter" in the parameter section: "Default", "List all decoders", and "ArcSoft Video Decoder".

The new computer has only "Default" and "List all decoders". I don't remember how I got the "ArcSoft Video Decoder" to appear in the selection list. I tried installing the ArcSoft software, and tried the HD-PVR driver versions 1.0.5.301 and 1.5.6.1.

I am using SageTV version 6.6.2.218 and Java version 1.6.0_10.

Can someone help me get past this HD-PVR problem?

Dave
Old 12-28-2009, 01:55 AM
Sage Expert

Did you uninstall SageTV before installing the HD-PVR SW?
Old 12-28-2009, 12:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedml View Post
Did you uninstall SageTV before installing the HD-PVR SW?
I think I installed the HD-PVR software after I installed SageTV. Now, I can't remember the order of installation.

I did try copying the properties file from the old SageTV computer to the new SageTV computer, which did put the "Arcsoft Video Decoder" in the selection list. However, it is only in the selection list and the software does not appear to be there, since clicking on it does not work.

I can try recovering the new SageTV computer back to the image I took just before installing any of the tuner card software and SageTV software. I will then try installing just the HD-PVR software, then install SageTV again.

Dave
Old 12-28-2009, 01:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

The ArcSoft Decoders get installed when Arcsoft Total Media Extreme product is installed. This came with the HD-PVR on the CD.

FYI - the decoders don't come with Total Media Theater only with the Extreme version.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by UgaData View Post
The ArcSoft Decoders get installed when Arcsoft Total Media Extreme product is installed. This came with the HD-PVR on the CD.

FYI - the decoders don't come with Total Media Theater only with the Extreme version.
I'll try recovering back to the base patched Windows XP Pro image. Then I will install the Arcsoft Total Media Extreme software that came with the HD-PVR, then SageTV. I know I did install the Arcsoft Total Media Extreme software after the SageTV software, and it didn't work.

Dave
Old 12-28-2009, 01:56 PM
Sage Icon

Doesn't ASVid.ax handle H.264 in TMT? I thought that's what we used when the HD-PVR first came out. It's 1.12MB in size and can be registered as a DirectShow Filter by itself (from TMT2...TMT3's won't work without a dance).

P
Old 12-28-2009, 09:33 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks for the responses!

I recovered my new computer back to a base image with the Windows XP Pro operating system and patches. I then installed the HD-PVR version 1.0.5.301 driver. Then I installed the ArcSoft version 1.0.9.5 software. The ArcSoft Video Decoder showed up in the H.264 video decoder filter configuration section. The HD-PVR works again with the USB-UIRT on the new I-7 computer.

I also setup my 2250 for analog cable TV and HDHomerun over the air digital tuners.

Dave