SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 12-25-2009, 03:32 PM

Connectivity Issues !?!?!?!

Ok - I have 2 HD200's. One is connected at my house in FLorida and although I had lots of trouble getting it up and runnitng on my XP system it is now doing fine. Only issue is that once in awhile I find I have to unplug it and then let it do a compete power on reset to operate correctly. I can live with it.

I bought a second unit for my son in Buffalo and we have been trying for quite awhile to get it up and running on the SAME PC that I used initially when I got the fiorst unit (in Florida).

I have tried just about everything I can think of but I still cannot get it to work on his network. Workgroups are set correctly etc.

Here are the symptoms. After connected to the network I can see the Sage on the PC in My Network connections but it appears that the Sage cannot see the PC where all the music etc. is stored. When I look at folders on the Sage it tells me everything is EMPTY.

I believe that I have all the necessary services on the PC enabled including the uPNP service but I just cannot see the PC.

DOes anyone have any ideas of what we should be looking for or change ?? Or what services need to be operating ???

Thx....
Old 12-25-2009, 06:56 PM
Sage Icon

Do you have a software firewall? If so, you could try disabling it. If disabling it fixes the problem, then the software firewall would need to be opened up.

Dave