SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV HD Theater - Media Player
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV HD Theater - Media Player Discussion related to using the SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player, i.e.: in use while not connected to a SageTV server. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to using a SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player should be posted here. Use the SageTV Media Extender forum for issues related to using it while connected to a SageTV server.

Old 12-24-2009, 12:23 AM
Sage User

Can't access files on the network

Hi all. Just got my HD Theater today. When I hooked it up, I was initially able to see other machines on my network. I browsed to a file and clicked on it and got "this file no longer exists on disk." After playing for a bit I updated the firmware. Since then I have not been able to browse the network at all. Every time I click on Folders (or audio, video, etc) and browse the network I get "auth failed. Would you like to enter a username and password." I can't get past this point. I have tried entering a username and password but I can't even see the shares that are open. The network connection is fine as the box can connect to a computer on the network running the media center software fine. Through the media center the shares on other machines can be accessed just fine. It just doesn't work on the HD in standalone mode. ... HELP.

Also have tried several power cycles of the box, setting a static IP, and the reset procedure in the PDF manual.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:49 AM
Sage Icon

Did you check your permissions on the shares. make sure that if using SMB for sharing that you have the guest account smbuser/guest/other (name may be different depending on instance) and you can truly access it as a guest.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:21 AM
Sage User

This seems to one of the biggest complaints recently. Are you trying to access files on a NAS drive or another PC (with SageTV MC) running on it? Also, can you access the files/directories from other PCs on your network?

Finally, you should update the Firmware to the most recent Beta version since some of the problems with access control have been resolved in those versions.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:44 PM
Sage User

Can't browse the network (update)

Updated to the beta. Clicking on browse local gives the same result, "auth error. would you like to enter a username and password?" The beta adds an option to enter a share name directly. When I do this a share CAN be added as an import folder. The files show up. Clicking on one results in a long delay followed by a "sage.tv playback exception." After this, nothing will play even from a usb stick until the unit is reset. On the positive side I did notice that the youtube and google online stuff now seems to actually work. Before going to the beta 95% of videos would result in a "unable to determine file to download."