SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Exemultituner.dll Request

I don't know who is the owner or maintainer of this dll but if that person sees this I have a request:

Would it be possible to change this dll so that it takes required setup information from sage.properties or another text file rather than the Windows registry?

This is the only Sage add-on that requires poking into the registry. With everything else you can simply copy over your c:\Program Files\SageTV folder from a previous install and everything works - but with this dll it requires a bit more work.

Nothing major - but just a suggestion that I think would be beneficial, asuuming it is technically possible.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:04 PM
SageTVaholic

You could export the registry settings for that plugin to a .reg file, and then just run that file after a reinstall to restore those settings.

Note, though, that copying Sage.properties wholesale from one machine to another is not recommended, since there are hardware and path dependencies in there. Restoring from a backup onto the same hardware is fine, but new hardware generally calls for a fresh install and reconfiguration before copying over Wiz.bin from the old hardware.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:16 PM
SageTVaholic

I am talking more about rebuilding a system on the same hardware - I have just had to do this with my Sage Server running on WHS. Since there is no decent way to backup the WHS OS you have to do a reinstall.

I know that the registry edit, or using a .reg file, is easy to do but this dll is somewhat non-standard vs every thing else when setting up a SageTV system. I have my system back up and running after reinstalling the OS, reinstalling all hardware drivers, reinstalling Sage and then copying my old Sage folder on top of my newly installed Sage folder. The only thing that I had to change in Sage was this registry key.